MERGED --> IO:aboyamaawhtdaabcobllapoeootssycmioyo$#$&!!! + I dont understand U2 fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
IO:aboyamaawhtdaabcobllapoeootssycmioyo$#$&!!!

sorry, I had to purge myself of those wonderful abbreviations. I hate the Hut Dab abbreviation, too.

translated: SIHTPMOTWA.IHTHAT.

carry on.

Last edited:
Me too. I think its interesting that u2.com refer to the album as "Bomb". I wish people here would too. Its been raised before that the band dont call their songs WTSHNN but "Streets" on their set lists.

Sends me nuts personally. Takes much longer to read. :sigh:

They don't bother me at all. :shrug:
What bugs me is, and few people do this, one word songs being abbreviated. I have seen someone type "V" instead of "Vertigo"... I mean the whole title of the song is shorter than most of the abbrevations for the new songs. :banghead:

IMO, HTDAAB is A-OK. What's FUBAR is ISHFWILF, IGWSHA, EBTTRT, TTTYAATW, LAPOE, SYCMIOYO, CFYT, OOTS, WGRYWH, WTSHNN, WILATW, etc, etc, etc. :huh:

(OK - in case the sarsasm doesn't translate from my mind to the written word, the abbreviations are driving me crazy, too! :crazy: It's worse than being in the military!! I'm all for 2-3 word versions of the full title, i.e. "Streets", "Wild Horses", "Love & Peace", so forth & so on. Because like Headache, I too, am often confused and trying to decipher the alphabet soup just makes my brain hurt... :der: ) :D

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
Hut Dab is the supposed shorter way to say HTDAAB.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Who the hell made that one up? Like its THAT much shorter!

Sicy said:

That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Who the hell made that one up? Like its THAT much shorter!

It's not. It takes 9 keystokes to write Hut Dab when you include the space and shift key to capitalize the H and D. Only takes 7 to type out HTDAAB (inculding hitting the caps lock key).

:scream:

Back
Top Bottom