I've Officially Been Called In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so what do you do with a horse that has colic?

hoist it on your shoulder and walk around firmly patting its back?

:applaud:

sorry lol...:(

seriously though, what do you do? there's not much for treating it in humans.

We give it strong drugs to see if that helps. If it doesn't, it pretty much means surgery, usually cuz they have a twisted gut.

Now we have a sick baby foal coming in too. Probably will have to put it to sleep though, the owner has no money. :(

What a night :sigh: Didn't finish up til alomst 5 a.m. and had to start morning treatments at 7. I live a 1/2 hour away so I decided to sleep in a stall. We have nice padded ones for horse anesthesia recovery so I got a cat nap for about 1.5 hours. Then I still didn't leave school til 11:30 a.m. Babies are alot of work - yes baby foal is still here. He is leaking urine into his abdomen, still trying to figure out if he tore his bladder or something in his kidney. Colicky mare is doing much better today.

I'll be in bed by 7 pm tonight :yawn:

Hot is more like it - for the foal stuff we have to be really really clean so I have to wear my street clothes, coveralls over that, and then a Tyvek jumpsuit, to make a nice cozy 3 layers in 90 degree weather with no airconditioning in the barn. Add that to actually wrestling with a 120 lb foal for 2 hours at 3 a.m., and I was melting by the end :yuck:

Thank God for my 2 awesome classmates coming in to do my treatments for me this afternoon :)

I seriously gotta get to bed :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom