It's Ouchficial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel like I burned a hole through my right cheek by eating a bunch of Skittles and only chewing with the right side of my mouth.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I feel like I've been hit by a mack truck after dancing and being squashed last nite at a No Doubt concert.

Originally posted by Sicy:
I feel like I've been hit by a mack truck after dancing and being squashed last nite at a No Doubt concert.

You lucky Sicilian you!!!!! How was the show???

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Very cool.. though the 2 opening bands sucked my ass.. and by the time No Doubt came on hours later we were squashed sardines barely being able to breathe.. so we went to the back and danced and jumped around.
biggrin.gif

Gwen looked really pretty.

No Doubt fans are assholes. It makes me appreciate being a U2 fan and the fact that I was never squished at a U2 concert no matter how close to the stage I was!

* falls asleep at desk

Very cool.. though the 2 opening bands sucked my ass.. and by the time No Doubt came on hours later we were squashed sardines barely being able to breathe.. so we went to the back and danced and jumped around.
biggrin.gif

No Doubt fans are assholes. It makes me appreciate being a U2 fan and the fact that I was never squished at a U2 concert no matter how close to the stage I was!

* falls asleep at desk

I'm sorry about that Doodle!

Some of the shows I've been to of bands with mostly younger fans - I've noticed the fans' tendency to push and squish and be assholes. Generally when there's a slightly older audience like that of a U2 show, you have a more friendly and amicable atmosphere.

How long did they play? Do you remember any of the setlist?
smile.gif

------------------
Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory;
Odours, when sweet violets sicken,
Live within the sense they quicken.

~P.B. Shelley

biggrin.gif

* falls asleep at desk

Yes, but you got to see Tony Kanal, yum.
*jealous*

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

I'm recovering from alcohol poisoning over the weekend.. I have a sore throat and
am coming down off a cappucino high.

Ugh... where are my Tootsie Pops?

And why does Media Player always feckin crash?!!!
frown.gif

Erm... hmm setlist.. I'll do my best..

Hella Good
Ex-Girlfriend
Bathwater
Dont Speak
Just a Girl
Sunday Morning
Rock Steady
Spiderwebs
Simple Kind of Life
Hey Baby
Detective
Start the fire
Underneath it all
In my head
erm... and some hard rock song at the end..

I think they sung a couple more that I cant remember.. it was about an hour and a half set but I was really pissed they didnt play Never Let Me Down!!!
mad.gif

Indeed.

I've probably said this story about 10 times on Interference, but in the Denver GA line I encountered 3 or 4 girls ages 14-16 and they had NO clue about U2 at all -- one guy had to explain to them about the heart.
tongue.gif
They brought No Doubt magazines, they wore No Doubt shirts and hats and bags and jackets and they all talked about No Doubt the entire time. One of them snuck in No Doubt magazines under her shirt.
rolleyes.gif
They thought U2 was from Italy at one point. I had been in front of these girls the ENTIRE day, then when we got in line (after about a 20 minute or more delay in the freezing cold and snow) the girls all shoved me and got ahead in line.

.. er, sorry for running on.
wink.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

young people suck
hooray for old geezers
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom