It's Officially What Do You Want To Know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
What's everyone's favorite movie of all time?

No fair...I already answered that one!

Our house is cold too, April!!!!! It sucks. *shivers me timbers* :shifty:

HelloAngel said:
ACRO --> Did you go to Glastonbury or any of the big music festivals? I read Q and NME and they all look so :drool:

nope :( I really should because Glastonbury is about 1- 1 1/2 hours away but every year I say to myself I'll make an effort and before I know it I've left it too late to claim tickets which are in higher demand now they have implemented strong security measures to withstand the crashers. From what I've been told by a few guys at work the atmosphere is fantastic, and especially the freedom you have to explore the area to follow your musical tastes is superb right through into the night..of course naturally some years will be better suited than others....one day I'll make an effort :)

..would have loved to have seen Coldplay this time around though

Favourite Movie ~ Shawshank Redemption

bonosloveslave said:

Did anyone have any odd/super strict rules growing up?

Until I was 21, when I was sassy or "bad" my mom would say "If you don't cut that shit out, I'm sending you back to PG-13!!."

dizzy said:

No slumber parties nor the prom for me. :(

:shocked: ohh, sorry.

i was the baby. aaaaaaand i'se good at lying. :shifty:

but no, my parents were pretty cool with whatever i wanted. ~in a non-spoiled sorta way.

daisybean said:
Lilly, what happened to Rio? and why are you talking to yourself?

Everyone, what's better the yellow, orange and white candy corn, or the yellow, orange and brown candy corn?

1. I'se getting a tad tired of Rio. That and SOMEone stole him and is using him for their avatar o n another board. :angry:

2. I talked to myself cos this thread was dying. And I didn't want to see it die.

3. I don't like candy corn of any variety. Perhaps it's all the real corn I live by.

4. My favorite movie iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis Dumbo....I always cry when he gets taken away from his mommy!

Lilly said:
4. My favorite movie iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis Dumbo....I always cry when he gets taken away from his mommy!

the pink elephant montage scared me sh**less as a kid...

My favourite movie(s) are: Dead Poets Society, Amelie, It's a Wonderful Life, The Snowman, Beauty and the Beast, Little Women

For all those ppl who want to come to Ireland you so have to come its so pretty and you have to go to Dublin to this church called St.Michans and see these crypts and you get to touch a mummy!! I love living here! :wave:

That was not useless info- theres no such thing :wave:

That is a cool movie :wave:

My parents r not that strict with us but we always had to go to bed in summer when it was still bright and my mum and dad used to say "look at those children in the street they wont grow up to be big and healthy like you three" i guess they were right :shrug:

bonosloveslave said:

Did anyone have any odd/super strict rules growing up?

Nope...I was always a good girl who got A's in school and stayed at home all the time. My parents would encourage me to go out with my friends. *lol* Towards the end of high school, I started going out more though...I didn't even know what my curfew was until like my junior year of high school because I was never out late before that, so my curfew was never discussed prior to then. If I remember, it was 10:00 on school nights (I could sometimes swing 11:00 though) and midnight on the weekends (I could usually swing 1:00 or 2:00 though if I was just at somebody's house).

I grew up in a strict pentecostal home

when I was really little I was not even allowed to play outside or ride my bike on a sunday!!! :der:

no secular music...not even fast christian rock...cos "there is no such thing as christian rock and roll"

GAH!!

but things slowly changed and us children managed to "liberalize" our parents a bit more.
Beofre my youngest brother left home he was actually listening to Tu Pac in the HOUSE!!

*gasp*

I remember hiding all my smashing pumpkins tapes!! hehehe

it was weird...there were times when my brother, sis, and i were brought up lenient, and there were times we were not allowed to play with certain kids or whatever rule she thought of the next day. but when my mother started going to church all of a sudden, she reeeally changed everything to where all of us were not allowed to listen to u2 or ANY secular music for one whole year(i managed to sneak in a bit of u2 or 80's music every now and then). christian rock was somewhat acceptable but it wasn't really great to listen to all the time. im not knocking her for going to church, but damn she really overdid it there for a bit.

daafish said:
What kind of car does everyone drive?

how many and what kind of cars have you owned?
i used to drive an 86 grey camry.

i now drive an 89 white camry.

i won't post pics cuz: a. everyone knows what a camry looks like :tongue:, b. i can't find any pics of them on the web! :mad:

bono-vox said:
A Q. to everyone- What is flying in a plane like?? Is it scary??
i love it. i love flying, it's fun. i sit by the window and everything. i get nauseous during take-off and landing though, but chewing gum alleviates it.

oh yeah, and i don't have a favourite movie. :mad:

Basstrap said:

no secular music...not even fast christian rock...cos "there is no such thing as christian rock and roll"

*gasp*

I remember hiding all my smashing pumpkins tapes!! hehehe

That's how it was at my house, but in middle school I got an alarm clock radio and I would listen to the radio really softly at night - geez, I remember my little sister tattling on me for listening to Richard Marx! :lmao:

No dating 'til I was 16 (not that it was really an issue, the boys were not exactly beating my door down...).

No movies over PG (my parents had us leave the room during some part of Chariots of Fire, watching it now I can't imagine what they might have been worried about!).

My mom was weird about food, surprised I never developed an eating disorder, but we were not allowed to just grab something out of the fridge or a cupboard - we always had to ask first. We almost never got sugar cereals, unless they were mixed half and half with a bland equivalent (ie plain rice Krispies and Cocoa Krispies), and at Christmas she would actually wrap up one box of our favorite sugar cerals as a Christams present! I have vowed not to repeat this torture when I have kids.... :banghead:

daisybean said:

Kelly, do you know what you want to major in in college?

I have no clue, but im working on trying to get enough credits to transfer to go to school in Ireland bc Im going to Ireland in '04.

My fave movie is Dirty Dancing

*runs and hides*

AVRO RJ-85

As I edit this, Electrical storm is coming on the music player in the coffee shop

Cool thread....funny what you miss when you don't post for a week.

Jeep Wrangler and Willy Wonka.
Ali Rose: You should not have any more turbulence (Sp?) flying to Saginaw than what you would have on the larger planes.

Here is a photo of the plane you will fly...it is made by British folks, so you know it is good. And I am going to try and get you into first class, which means you can drink your fear away - for free.

ajr2.jpg

Q.What Happened?

______
:wave: - I bet my question goes unanswered by the people I am asking.....

:sad: :(:

Last edited:
Re: AVRO RJ-85

zonelistener said:
As I edit this, Electrical storm is coming on the music player in the coffee shop

Cool thread....funny what you miss when you don't post for a week.

Jeep Wrangler and Willy Wonka.
Ali Rose: You should not have any more turbulence (Sp?) flying to Saginaw than what you would have on the larger planes.

Here is a photo of the plane you will fly...it is made by British folks, so you know it is good. And I am going to try and get you into first class, which means you can drink your fear away - for free.

ajr2.jpg

Q.What Happened?

______

:sad: :(:

I want a ride in that bad boy.:yes:

Last edited:
i like the ones that go to and from canada

zonelistener said:
Q.What Happened?

______

:sad: :(

:mad: why don't you ever :censored: call me!

what happened is i went to college.

adamswildhoney said:

As anyone ever gotten lost in an Airport?

When I went to ireland with a girlfriend we got lost at London Gatwick Airport and missed our connecting flight. We had to wait for a couple hours for the next one. Now I know that airport pretty well. :slant:

_______
:wave: I hope I don't kill this thread now that I've invaded it.

Back
Top Bottom