It's Officially - Valentine's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
I'm looking ahead to Valentine's Day and wondering what to get my wife. We've been married 13 years, so I've gotten her a few different things over the years.

In an effort to surprise her with something different, I pose the following question:

What has been your favorite Valentine's Day gift?

OMG OMG OMG Im too pathetic to keep a b/f over Valentines Day but but but but but

Im going to a formal on Valentines Day and im getting a flower and chocolates and and and presents :hyper:

Ill deff have to get pics scnaned somehow

Can you take her on holiday?
Make her dinner?
Send her to a health spa?
Book a hotel for 2 days ;)

:crack: @ Valentine's Day

Um....my all time favorite Valentine's Day gift was a GWTW snowglobe from my dad when I was 19. It's my favorite because it was so unexpected, usually my mom was the one who did presents and for him to actually put thought into it floored me. :cute:

From a boyfriend...probably a little book with lots of love sayings, quotes, etc. in it, with a note written by him on the inside cover about how we'd have so many more holidays together. Very sappy, but I loved it.

daisybean said:
I never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day (pretty pathetic, I know)

No its not :| I havent had one either well what can you do I go out with them for like a week they interfere in me having fun

Once I got a plastic rose!! the Guy folded it in his pocket!!! :lmao:

I've had boyfriends and the most I ever got were flowers.
(Not saying that's not nice, but yeah.)

What's her love language?

My huband very very rarely cooks, and one of our nicest Valentine's Day was when he cooked a really great dinner for me at home, wine, candles, the works. This was back when we were still dating, and he liked to get me stuffed animals from time to time. He worked across from a Hallmark, and they were having a drawing for this huge snow leopard stuffed animal that they wouldn't need after Valentines day (and didn't think someone would pay the $$$ for). He said he must have filled out 500 forms to try to win it (he had lots of free time at his job). The ladies at Hallmark ended up cheating (sorta), and didn't even bother with the drawing - they just gave it to him for working so hard to try to win it. :heart:

[/cheesyvalentine'sdaystory]

I don't think John and I have ever sent each other gifts on Valentine's Day. We always send cards, but neither of us have a lot of money, so we really don't buy gifts. I just like knowing that I have him...that's a gift enough.

Yeah, I know...it's corny. It's true though.

Oh Oh Oh last year my cousins b/f did this for her

Made her take the day of uni

Put lots of candles in her bedroom and rose petals leading to her bedroom

On the bed she had like presetns roses and all these petals and stuff

:cute:

bonosloveslave said:
What's her love language?

Please enlighten...

Thanks for so many quick responses. I've found that the home made stuff usually means the most. One year I went to a natural food/vitamin store and bought a small bag of empty pill capsules. I then made a series of small notes (favors, fun things, etc.) and put one in each capsule. Bottled them up as "love pills".

[/cheesiervalentinesdaystory]

daisybean said:
I never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day (pretty pathetic, I know)
Join the club. :| Not pathetic at all...I don't like valentine's day anyway...(yes, i'm being a bitter single person)

Flowers are nice, I guess, but then they just die. I think I'd go for something that lasts. With meaning. :shrug:

I would go with something homemade/ from your heart or flowers.

I wouldnt listen to me tho, I have never had a b/f and therefore never gotten a Vday gift!!!

I always liked the thoughtful gifts... I dont really think spending a ton of money at V=day is necessary...especially with just having the holidays etc... there's no point!

I love flowers too... I know they die. My boyfriend gave me roses last year and I loved them. I hung them upside down and dried/preserved them, then weaved a white silk ribbon through the stems. They look really pretty, and now they're hanging on the wall above my hopechest in my room.

Once my cousin had a star named after his girlfriend (now wife!). I thought that was sweet!! Now that I think of it... I have no clue what I'm doing this year... probably just something low key. :)

I LOVED your idea about the empty pill capsules and writing your messages inside.... I may have to um...borrow that idea! :D

I've never had a boyfriend at all until this year, so no present stories for me. :slant: I have NO idea what to get Sam, but it has to be something good because our six month anniversary is on the 8th so I'm combining the two occassions (to save money on ridiculously expensive postage).

I tend to cherish the Vday that i thought i'd be all romantic and light some candles and set up like a "mini spa" for him including a massage etc. and when he walked in and saw it all he laughed hysterically. Like harder than he ever had laughed before. :angry:

ahh yes then there was the time all I wanted to do was go out to a semiformal restaurant cuz i'd never been to a really nice one ever before. and all he could do was complain about the prices(loudly enough for everyone to hear) in his UNIRONED shirt and slouch and eat with him hands. I wanted to disappear.

needless to say i dont care much for Valentines day. Except last year i had a great one cuz i knew there was nobody around to make me cry. :D So i'd say pretty much if you just look at her nicely that would be a nice gift. :sexywink:

ooooh I'm excited about Valetine's Day this year. Usually it's like a curse (lol!) and the only notable thing I got on that day I don't really care to talk about.

But I have a great idea for my boyfriend this year. After we met I wrote in my journal a long entry about the weekend we spent together and how beautiful & amazing it was to me. When he came to see me in November I read it to him one night and he was blown away. So for part of his Valentine's Day present I'm going to get one of those dreaded blue books (lol) from college and rewrite my journal entry in there. I've saved some cool magazines and I'm going to cut out certain phrases/pictures and paste them in there to add some more flavor. I think it's going to turn out really great, and I know he'll treasure it. :) :heart:

:love:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom