It's Officially Time for a Philly Soft Pretzel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
240px-Breze.jpg

Two from Philly:
soft_pretzels_02.jpg

And they taste significantly better. I've tasted the difference. Philly all the way. :up:

Too bad the best Philly cheesesteak isn't from Pat's.....it's from Midway Subs in Seaside, NJ. :drool:

Utoo said:
Too bad the best Philly cheesesteak isn't from Pat's.....it's from Midway Subs in Seaside, NJ. :drool:

*gets in car to go taste test*

I'm always surprised by the number of great cheesesteaks in South Jersey. The Jersey Shore especially.

I eat Philly pretzels as a snack everyday. :drool:

Utoo said:

is Seaside different then Seaside Hights, just accross from tom's river? If not then that's where i fish at:happy:

Originally posted Uby phillyfan26
I'm always surprised by the number of great cheesesteaks in South Jersey. The Jersey Shore especially.

:yes: but no where near me puts whiz, just plain:grumpy:

Also, i really won't accept any other kind of pretzel, it's got ot be a philly soft pretzel:drool:

U2vertigofly said:

is Seaside different then Seaside Hights, just accross from tom's river? If not then that's where i fish at:happy:

:yes: but no where near me puts whiz, just plain:grumpy:

Yup, it's Seaside Heights. The beach isn't quite near as great as it used to be, but the boardwalk's fun. Midway down the stretch of the boardwalk is a place (appropriately) called Midway Subs. I haven't been in a few years, but it had always been there for the years that I went to Seaside, so I imagine it's a pretty decent fixture.

And they use cheese whiz, just like you're supposed to! And they have excellent lemonade. =)

phillyfan26 said:

*gets in car to go taste test*

I eat Philly pretzels as a snack everyday. :drool:

Hehe...go for it----the boardwalk's fun. I don't know how much will be open this time of year. Favorite Jersey beach, though, is Beach Haven in Long Beach Island (LBI).

I think Action News did a report several years ago about Philly pretzel vendors spitting in the pretzels or peeing in styrofoam cups at their carts or something nasty like that....so be careful! :wink:

Lara Mullen said:
What do they taste like?

Salt :yuck:

The salt isn't overpowering. The taste is in the pretzel itself. It's just better quality, has a little more (not sure how to describe it) sweet feel to it.

Utoo said:

Yup, it's Seaside Heights. The beach isn't quite near as great as it used to be, but the boardwalk's fun. Midway down the stretch of the boardwalk is a place (appropriately) called Midway Subs. I haven't been in a few years, but it had always been there for the years that I went to Seaside, so I imagine it's a pretty decent fixture.

And they use cheese whiz, just like you're supposed to! And they have excellent lemonade. =)

i went a few weeks ago, nothing much was open, but i don't know if i've seen midway subs before:hmm:

i do like the big sawmill pizza though:drool: that is good.

Back
Top Bottom