It's Officially Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Well, it had been raining, so I knew the grass was slick. I slid down the hill and got some grass stains on my flannel shirt. Then you threw a pudding cup at me and called me a princess.

Do you really have handcuffs? No...you lie. They aren't real though.

Really?

You never told me that he was a police officer.

Oh...okay...I understand.

No, that's kind of freaky.

Well, I can see where you would get that idea, based on the type of person you've perceived me as being. But the fact of the matter is that I don't think I'd like to be cremated. I've heard some stuff.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Yes, I know that's selfish.

Well, it's not like I can stop the alligators from taking over my closet and turning it into their campaign headquarters.

I knew you would understand.

Tomorrow explodes in your face when you least expect it. It isn't really tomorrow. You keep hoping it is so that it never comes...but pretty soon, the days melt together. Time doesn't do anything to separate them. You're helpless.

Helpless, helpless, helpless...

You keep hoping that you made the right choice, but you never did...because you couldn't possibly fathom all of the choices. So you just gotta pick one and go with it.

No thanks, I drank a big glass of orange juice before I left. Anyway, I don't feel like I'm getting through to you. You little doll...your eyes are dusty.

Well, I don't mind that you walked away. I expected you to. I know that I don't speak of pleasant matters. But you were always a pleasant matter to me.

I hear you through my telephone, even though you didn't pick up. I can see you. Biting your nails, wondering what the hell I want know. You know what I want.

You used to want it.

Come on...let's go out for a drink. I'll even buy this time...tips too.

What?

Sorry, I couldn't understand you...sounds like some bad reception. A little interference.

Turtles are most definitely cool. You are so random though. It makes me feel like you are hiding something.

God, the smoke in here chokes me. So, what do you want? Yeah...that sounds pretty good. I'll have the same.

Basically, the reason I wanted to see you tonight was...I'm sorry? What did you say?

Wow...that's awful. I hope she gets better soon. Damn, I feel really awkward now...like how no matter what I say, it just will be empty...no importance laced with it whatsoever. I've got to give it my best though.

I've noticed changes lately. Your behavior...it's odd. Not in the same way that I am odd, but like when we were out the other night in Brad's truck...and you pushed me out of the back of it...I kind of felt like you weren't just kidding.

Oh.

I see.

Well, perhaps you could explain why you felt that way...or why you still feel this way.

But you've got it all wrong...

You don't listen...

Okay, maybe I'm getting upset over nothing. I guess I just get paranoid...ya know...cuz I care about you so much. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you.

Oh, shut the hell up. You know better than that.

Yes, we need two more drinks, thanks.

I wish you could see things the way I do...then again, that might mess you up even worse. I can tell something is wrong though. Something has been wrong. It's not going to get fixed though. Nothing ever does. If anything, it just gets worse. More and more things fall apart everyday.

You know I will...but I can't do it alone. Do you want to put me in that position? You can't put a pearl necklace on a trout and expect her to be high society.

YOU shut up!!!!

Let's get out of here.

Aren't you even going to finish your drink?

Well, can I come then?

If you don't let me come along, I will follow you in my car.

I am not too drunk to drive! Well...maybe I am...in that case, you better let me ride with you. Otherwise, wouldn't you feel awful if something happened to me?

Yes, I know it's wrong to guilt-trip people...but you are special.

So am I.

Do you have that CD I like? With that one song? God, I was singing that song all morning today. I only stopped to go have a cigarette.

Oh yeah...I don't smoke...

I forget simple things like that sometimes.

See how easy that is to do?

I'm really cold tonight.

Yeah, I have some in my purse.

I know! That's why I need such a big purse...and you've always teased me...but I have everything I could ever need in here.

Well, almost everything.

No, I'm not really in the mood tonight.

Well, my hamster escaped and went on a sugar binge...the neighbors got pretty pissed at me. They never liked me much anyway.

I know!! That's what I said!!!

What the hell are you gonna do with those?

Well, I KNOW what fireworks are for...but it's just odd to have some in your trunk.

Oh...well, that makes sense. Okay, not really.

Socks for worms?

Yeah, I know. That was the point.

Well, I don't like to talk about that too much. Basically, he claimed he loved her...but you know how that goes.

Yeah, I am, aren't I?

I used to be like me. Remember? I don't know who I am like anymore.

Yeah, he is hot...I go for that look.

You know...I don't owe you anything. I don't want to feel anything.

It's not worth it. I'd rather feel nothing. I sacrifice experiencing joy, but it is a nice trade to not experience all of this garbage. I'd prefer to go through life being numb and oblivious.

Heartless? Well, I guess I may be perceived as such. However, I wouldn't care...because that is the type of person I'd be.

I think it would be better. We would all just carry on in our ways.

Boring? Yeah...well...I guess. You wouldn't care though, since you can't feel anything. You wouldn't feel the boredom. It wouldn't exist.

Well...I guess not much would exist. I think we'd go to the bar a lot.

Yeah, no kidding.

Ah...they are just ramblings...they can't be compared to actual pieces of work such as what I'm sure you will be working on.

We are our own toughest critics though. There's a Ryan Adams quote on the main page of one of my favorite sites that I love...because it's just a reminder of how we tend to think some of our work is such crap that nobody could possibly enjoy...

"But you know what, who fucking cares? It's just a bunch of bullshit anyway, it's a bunch of singer/songwriter crap - me telling some stupid fucking story about some stupid fucking bullshit thing. It's ridiculous, somebody might be interested, but it doesn't really fucking matter one way or the other."

Ryan Adams regarding the status of his numerous unreleased recordings, as reported by N.M.E in March 2002.

yes, it was very cool.
I was trying to firgure out what the guy was saying in between
he was indeed very random

I can't see you
I can't feel you
Except for in that sappy, sentimental way
We can't make our robots fight
Because punches don't hold up in the mail
But, baby, I keep thinking about your pants
And the things I want to put in them

Lover, it's like you're dead
At least now you won't eat my crackers