it's officially ticking me off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
is vh1 turning into bet? all they play now is rap stuff. all february they showed rap documentaries and such because it was black history month. i was kinda ticked because i mean, vh1 is targeted towards the older demographics who usually don't listen to rap and would want to watch documentaries about, say, tina turner instead of lil' kim. but i figured oh well. it's now march, and they're still doing it. last night they still were showing driven: lil' kim and the like. all this weekend they're doing a hip hop weekend. wtf? this is no longer what happened to the music, but when did they become a ghetto hip hop station? mtv plays it, bet plays it, it was nice to have one music channel that didn't. :sad:

does anyone else know what i'm talking about? i'm so fucking glad i won't even really be anywhere near a television this weekend, so i won't be bored enough to flip through the channels and watch vh1. friday nights are especially dull, and nothing's on television. but since i'll be at a hotel, i can go swimming instead.

:| I do not have Vh1 here in Canada. But I know what you mean. MuchMusic has half hour programs called "MuchVibe" and such that are dedicated to rap and urban music.
Not my cup of tea.

If they're gonna show the history of black people in the music people why are they focusing on rap? that's a new phenomenon

there needs to be a whole SERIES on people like Robert Johnson & John Coltrane
Robert = awesomeo-possum-o!!!

yes...but i just :heart: the commercial for vh1's hiphop weekend. it strikes a very personal note with me. :lol:

i love hiphop
i live for hiphop
i can't get enough hiphop
i adore hiphop
etc...

:lmao:

I just thought that VH1 was turning into MTV. Both stations have about as much to do with music these days as ESPN does.

:heart: Rap :heart:

*is listening to "Air Force Ones"*

And I don't care who knows it!!!!!!!!!

I LIKE IT!!

:dance:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok, you do realize that even if it is your car we're going to the concert in, that rap will not be allowed to play that night. :|

Well then!!

*breaks out the Jesse and Ryan instead*

VH1/MTV/MTV2 all suck when it comes to music!! They play the same freakin' videos and they are always hip hop! :yuck:

When I want to watch music vids, I change it to PUMA TV.. :heart: They play vids non stop from all over the world... Spanish and English.. I get to see PJ vids in rotation there! :drool:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I want VH1 Classics, damnit. :mad: If we had gotten digital then we would have had it.
thank god i get that!! but sometimes the reception fucks up and the picture and sound gets all :huh: so you can't watch it. but usually in those cases i try to grin and bear it. this is how it's like: "all is quie...underwa...i will be with y..." on and on until i get sick of it and change the channel.

Back
Top Bottom