It's Officially thousands of miles away...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
I plan to move to Montreal in February.
To seek out new experiences. :wave:
To get ahead in my career. :hyper:
To become fluent in french... :eyebrow:
and to test what could be love. :flirt: :heart:

The problem: It's officially thousands of miles away from my family. I am very close to my parents. Most of my family lives here. A few members live in the next province, but the rest live in this province. What makes matters worse is that my brother and his family just moved to Vancouver this weekend. Not far away, but well, not a 'I'll pop by and see you after work' location. I worry about my parents when I leave. :sad: I worry about me when I leave... but I can always come back.

Where does your family live in relation to you? It's not 'usual' for families to stay in the same city is it??? :|

Please tell me I am not selfish for wanting more in my life. :crack:

Montreal is an AWESOME city
you'd love it there

It is very normal for people to move from their families.

Im actually planning on moving next fall...prolly to Ontario and it won't be easy to just drive back to NF

wow. that's a tough decision, Angel. :hug:

My family lives about 300 miles from me, maybe more. I just *now* moved away from them this summer, having lived in the same town with them for 10 years.

The rest of my family lives 4 states away, which is probably a good thousand miles too.

You should never feel bad about wanting something for your life. This is YOUR life. You are an awesome person. Your family will always be your family no matter where you live. And, you know, living away from them might make the times when you do see them more special now. :hug:

I don't know if I helped here at all, but what you're talking about sounds really good for you.

You;ll be one province closer to me...j/k.

Of course you're not selfish. I mean, I understand that you love your family and are veryy close (I'm really close with my family as well). But you shouldn't sacrifice your happiness for that. I'm sure that your parents will understand, and in the end, just want the best for you--for you to be happy. Every little bird has to leave the nest someday. I'm sure they'll worry, and you'll worry too. But that would happen regardless of where you live.

I hope everything works out. :)

im moving out soon! My family is all spread out:

One sister lives in Texas with her husband

My other sister lives in the Bay Area

and my brother lives in a city about 10 mins away from my city!!

Good luck Angel!

My parents live in another city about 10 -15 minutes away from me.

I'd probly feel weird if they lived in another state.

Basstrap said:
Montreal is an AWESOME city
you'd love it there

It is very normal for people to move from their families.

Im actually planning on moving next fall...prolly to Ontario and it won't be easy to just drive back to NF

Where in Ont? It's a big place.

Course its natural to be hesitant. Its a huge change on top of all of that too. Hope you find a decision you are happy with Angel :hug:

My parents and me have kind of always followed each other around. I moved out of home and moved prolly a good 1 hr 30 minute drive, then they moved into a new suburb right between us and their old house. Then we moved in with them while our house was getting built when we stoped renting, then we moved into our new house which was a 5 min drive away in the same suburb, then they moved out of THAT house and into one a few streets away from where we are now. They sold their old house and bummed around rentiong until they could find a new house they liked....hippies at heart they are.
That has been how it is for a while now, but now a house has come on the market 6 houses down from us in our street. Its a fairly new house, GREAT price, fantastic location and a tops looking house to boot. Guess who is now looking at buying it!!!

I really really really hope they buy it. They are going for a second look at it tomorrow. If they like it as much second time round, they should start the ball rolling.....Its only been for sale for the last 24 hours too. They rent and wander arounf like gypsies for 2 years, then take a matter of days to find a house they like.

Nutbags.

Anyway, sorry I went way off track there.

Good luck Angel. Everything will sort itself out in the end, it always does!

Probably Toronto cos we has connections with a recording studio there

do it. that is great that you are wanting to experience life away from home in a exciting city. that is somethign that i want to do, but have always had reservations about doing it that i never follow through with it. my family with the exceptions of my baby brother all live here in Atlanta close to me. they have been very supportive with my decisions if i were to ever pack up and move to another city or country. your family will always be there to help you if get scared or if it doesn't work out.

best of luck :D

Angel said:

Please tell me I am not selfish for wanting more in my life. :crack:

Angel, that's so exciting! And no it's not selfish. Moving to different places is one of the best way to learn and grow as a person.

I've done that twice in my life. :) Good luck!!!

I do! I do!

I was in Montreal just two weeks ago, checking things out. I loved it. I felt so alive there! Amazing city. I know I have to do it, or I'll regret it, but it will be hard for everyone at first. I realize you get used to it, and my parents will get over it. I just have to gain the courage to just do it.

Sicy is probably going :scratch: Dublin... Las Vegas... now Montreal :| will this girl ever make up her mind? :crack:

:lol:

I'll go, I'll go... I have to go... *special things there... :heart:

I think it's great you are doing what you need to do. :) I live in london now, and my parents are in cincinnati - defintely far away! I don't plan on moving back to where they are. I know that they are there for me regardless, and if I need to see them, I can visit. I'm the only child, so sometimes it's hard on them, but they know I need to do what makes me happy. :) Congrats! :up:

I would love to be able to just pick up and move to another city.

In theory I could...I'm not married, I have nothing holding me here... (except my family)...

however the thought of moving to a city where I don't know anyone terrifies me completely :crazy: :crack:

I think it's awesome that you are doing this :up:

My mom is oceans away. I moved to DC not knowing anybody. Little did I know I have relatives here. :der:

jkayet said:
I'm the only child

For some reason, I'm shocked. :eek: Nothing bad at all, I was just surprised.

jkayet said:
I live in london now

that is where i want to live! i will be visiting london in the near future by myself!:ohmy: ...i have no idea why but for like the past 8 years or so, i have been wanting to live , work or go to school in London. i was going to do this trip with a few friends but their financial situation and schedules will not allow them to go. and i just said to myself screw it, i cannot wait on my friends. i need to live for myself and just do it, i have put it off long enough. and also thought to myself that if i want to live over there, i might as well see if i can travel over there on my own ..this is scary but i am sure i will be fine, at least i hope so. :hyper: :huh: lol now i feel sick thinking about it. those damn nerves!

anyway, angel again best of luck. you are not selfish for wanting to better yourself. you are young and able to do this now, so go for it without hesitation. it is great and scary feeling when you find something that you love so much.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
you are young and able to do this now, so go for it without hesitation.

I am 28. Young yes, but perhaps a tad old to be 'relocating' and as my parents call it- 'starting over.' :huh: I feel like I am just finally starting. :crazy:

Angel said:

I am 28. Young yes, but perhaps a tad old to be 'relocating' and as my parents call it- 'starting over.' :huh: I feel like I am just finally starting. :crazy:

lol i understand you 100%...i will 28 in Jan. , so i think you are young. ;) lol...we are young at heart how about that.

i just moved out of my parents house a few months ago :| they were my saftey net for about 3 years when i moved back home. i went out and rented an apartment about 30 miles north of them and it is so liberating. i am now testing to see how far i can go on my own. and right now it looks pretty good.
see my sig. that is how i feel now about where i am in my life.

:hug:

Go for it......

I live 1000 miles away from my dad, and another 2000 awy from my grandfather. I truly believe that you will never enjoy where you live unless you live in other places. Just visiting is not enough!

I am 30, and have no qualms about moving again if the situation were to arise.

Back
Top Bottom