It's OFFICIALLY the welcome back KhanadaRhodes thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Khanada!!!!! So happy to have you back so soon! :wave: And glad to see your spirits are intact! Best wishes for your continued improvement. :hug: :hug:

k...i don't know whether i should've posted these here or in the zc thread but i figured they should go in here :shrug:

my printer/scanner does not want to cooperate with me and i can't seem to get it installed on my new computer. so i had to take pictures of my actual developed pics with my digicam. i had to turn off the flash so there wouldn't be a bright light covering everything, so i tried to touch them up. my car is white.

here's my pictures:

my hood is on the left, and that door is the driver's side, where i was (duh).
342%3C366%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E232378445%3B88%3Bot1lsi

another shot of the driver's side but you can see how far the top (ceiling? whatever) had caved in. i apparently went under a tractor-trailor (semi, 18 wheeler, whatever you call them). that guy was like the security guard who took us to my car:
342%3C366%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E232378445%3C38%3Bot1lsi

a crappy quality pic from the back on the passengers side:
342%3C366%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E2323784463342ot1lsi

this is from the drivers side. that thing in the lower right corner is the side of my steering wheel (if you look you can see the tilt). my windshield is pretty much intact but it came in on me:
342%3C366%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E232378445%3B%3A8%3Aot1lsi

this is a similar shot but on the passengers side. so uh yeah, i'm glad no one was in the car with me:
342%3C366%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3236%3E792%3E545%3EWSNRCG%3D3232875372827nu0mrj

another pic of my car from the passengers side. like i said, seeing this i'm glad i was alone:
342%3C366%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E2323784463937ot1lsi

when we got there my mom could barely fit through (and she's really tiny) to get my stuff out. she couldn't get everything out, but luckily we did manage to get my cd case and most of my cds. so far there's only two i can't find, but given how many were in my car, that's no big deal. i'm just mainly glad i have my life.

i was also able to get out all my stuffed animals. in one of the pics you can see a bear (which the guy got out for me). on that part of my car where the rear windshield is, i kept a huge row of stuffed animals in the back. people teased me about it at work but lemme tell ya, because of them everyone knew that was my car when they showed the wreck footage on the news.

:ohmy: Good Lord, Khanada - you really DID have angels looking out for you!!!!! :ohmy: I get chills just looking at those pics!

In some ways, you're very lucky this happened, though. I imagine you'll never again pass up the chance to call an old friend, or say you're sorry to someone, or to tell a loved one just how you feel about them. You've seen first-hand how quickly it could all be swept away. Other people have to learn that lesson once it's too late to do anything about it. :sad:

I'm just so happy that your injuries weren't any worse & that you're back in the Blue Crack House, safe & sound! :D :hug:

BluRmGrl said:
In some ways, you're very lucky this happened, though. I imagine you'll never again pass up the chance to call an old friend, or say you're sorry to someone, or to tell a loved one just how you feel about them. You've seen first-hand how quickly it could all be swept away. Other people have to learn that lesson once it's too late to do anything about it. :sad:
oh yeah. i was just telling my mom i don't know what i did to deserve this (meaning that i wasn't more seriously hurt).

i have been one to hold grudges in the past, so i'm gonna use this second lease on life to stop doing that petty shit and to really try not to let this stupid unimportant things get to me like they do. and i'm a notorious unforgiver. i need to work on this, and realize "i'm sorry" can actually just mean "i'm sorry," and doesn't always have some sarcastic biting comment attached to it.

here are some more pics of my car. we went today to pick up the last of the things in my car (that we could get to, at least). it was the last time i'll ever see her.

r.i.p. fraumo :sad:

here's a pic of the front of her. you can really see the extent of the damage.
342%3C536323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E2323785%3C%3A9%3B38ot1lsi

another picture, but you can see more of the hood:
342%3C536323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3236%3E792%3E545%3EWSNRCG%3D3232876%3B%3B67%3A3nu0mrj

the driver's seat. note my steering wheel cover.
342%3C536323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E2323785%3C%3A9473ot1lsi

another picture. note where my head was.
342%3C536323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3DXROQDF%3E2323785%3C%3A76%3B6ot1lsi

i'm going to call the lawyer's office tomorrow to see if they've been able to get the police report yet and see if i can get a copy. since my amnesia is still there in regards to the accident, it's killing me not knowing what exactly happened. and maybe now i can answer people's questions. (i tell family members i can't remember anything, so they proceed to ask more detailed questions like "did he come out of a side street? was it head on? did you go under him from behind or the side?")

Wow! Those are some really horrifying photos. You are very lucky to be not more badly injured. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

And you even made the news. Cool! :wink:

:shocked:

OMG!!! We investigate accidents for a living so I've seen a lot of damaged cars over the years and honestly, I can't believe you got out of that alive.

You are VERY lucky :hug:

Bono's American Wife said:
:shocked:

OMG!!! We investigate accidents for a living so I've seen a lot of damaged cars over the years and honestly, I can't believe you got out of that alive.

You are VERY lucky :hug:

Add the 18 years that I was a cop to the # of accidents and fatalities that I've seen; I've only got one question....

What's the name of your Angel that was riding on your shoulder???

Glad ur still with us. :)

indra said:
And you even made the news. Cool! :wink:
:laugh:

Mr. BAW said:
What's the name of your Angel that was riding on your shoulder???
tell me about it! i'm not sure why my life was spared, but i consider myself incredibly lucky. given that my drivers side door is all cut off, it appears they had to use the jaws of life. this sounds awful, but for some reason that has always cracked me up and i find it hilarious that they had to use it on me.

i'm going to try to call the lawyer's office today and see if they can give me a copy of the report. i just have to muster up the courage...i don't like talking on the phone.

I'm so glad you're okay :hug:

Those pictures make me want to :sad: to think of what might have happened. The pic of where your headrest is and where the roof is :yikes:

If it were me, I would be kind of relieved that I didn't remember the accident (I understand you wanting to find out what happened though).

kellyahern said:
I'm so glad you're okay :hug:
thanks. :)

the one thing that still gets me: i did not break one single bone. no fractures or anything. since i kept drifting in and out of consciousness (and i was allowed to go home and go to sleep that night) i must not have had a concussion. although i do have a gash on my forehead that required stitches (they removed them tuesday) and the area around it is numb. i apparently have a knot there which could be casuing the numbness. it feels weird to scratch my head because it then pulls on my scalp a little and i feel the numbness...

i called the lawyer today and still no police report. they said they've put in for one and will call me when they get it. it sounds like they're having to do further investigation which makes me wonder why they haven't even called me or anything. i mean, i'm useless to them as i don't remember a thing, but they don't know that. so it sounds like it was either really the other guy's fault or really my fault. i can tell you all honestly when it comes to tractor-trailers, i don't fuck around. i don't cut them off or anything because i know they've got like 20 gears to shift to slow down and speed up and that takes time. i may not remember what happened but i would not have cut one off or something. i don't cut off anyone, period, but i especially wouldn't even attempt to cut off a tractor-trailer.

this is frustrating :scream:

thanks again everyone, it is a miracle. from all accounts i was bleeding a lot and they were afraid i'd be paralyzed or something. i was out of it when i finally came to but i did remember parts of kill bill when she was in the pussy wagon. so the first thing i did was try to wiggle my toes and fingers to make sure i could still walk. you guys have no idea how relieved i was when i could. i'm even starting to forget being in the e.r. after i woke up, i remember about 15 minutes' worth of stuff that spans over 4 hours. i remember being stitched up (by a total hottie), being told that i'd been in a pool of blood and had to be cut out of my car, getting my first cat scan, and that fucking board they put me on to take x-rays. and puking on the wall, that was pretty funny, don't ask me why. we've been keeping a photo diary of me and my cuts/bruises as well. my ex-husband used his cell's camera to take pictures of me in the e.r. egads.

now i'm just pissed that there is still no police report. what is taking so long :scream:

Holy shit.. :crack: you are one lucky girl. .thank god. :hug:

I really hope they get the ass that cut you off.

ooh i forgot to mention this: i got a bill in the mail from the hospital. it says i don't owe anything yet because they've filed with my insurance, but it showed the total. ~$16300. i didn't even stay overnight. :yikes: i could buy a car with that much money!

Back
Top Bottom