It's Officially the Season Opener

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think Phillyfan said he was short. but i could be wrong.

I am avg in height (in case you are wondering:wink: )

But, when i was still athletic, I could dunk w/ a tennis ball.

:grumpy:

I'm extremely short for my age. Let's just say I'm a little smaller than Bono.

My game went poorly. My team this year is absolutely brutal. I played about half the game, and was probably one of the best out there just cause I didn't turn it over.

0-2 shooting

All this :drool: ing over tall. :tsk:

6'4".....6'5" with the hair.

:reject:

Forum56.gif

Maddy's first game was last Saturday. Her team won. First period was great - the score was 12-1. It ended much closer, but she's got a good team. And her Dad's coaching this year :up: But she'll be missing game two for a concert :wink:

(7th/8th graders)

Sicy said:
Are you tall? :drool:

I'm in the middle of my age, I'm bout 5 feet, feet foot inch..

I'm thinkin of weaing the spandex or the socks dwyane wade wears on his legs:hmm:

What does he wear exactly?

We got killed today :mad:!!!!

13-49!

:mad: 4-3 my ass!

i play basketball. my season doesn't start until January though. and i don't even have my team yet, i get it today.

is it bad to do weight lifting with your arms during the season? a buddy of mine said it makes the ball feel too light and you then over or under shoot it.:shrug: but i have to lift for football in August. so i'm quite conflicted on that front

You're not supposed to weight lift during the season because it throws off the touch on your shot.

I do anyway just cause I'm so thin and I can't afford to lose the little muscle I have. Plus, I suck as a shooter anyway. They use me for ballhandling and defense.

well i'm not a shooter anyway, i'm the guy down low, and the center. all i take are layups. and loosing muscle isn't an issue, i just need to build it so i might have a chance at varsity football next year

weight lifting and basketball is a tricky issue. if you don't have a weight program developed specificly for a basketball player... which would be for the most part light weight/more reps, working on endurance more than power... then i suggest not doing it at all.

also it's best to put some shots up immediately after working out, working mostly on form shooting. shooting the basketball is repetiition and muscle memory. when you lift weights your muscles change, so shooting immediately after is beneficial.

i've found that, for young players especially, reps with a heavy rope is much more beneficial than weight training... mostly because young players don't have access to weight trainers who know how to put together a program for a) your specific body type, and b) basketball players.

I do weights sometimes but I only do it when I know I don't have b-ball in atleast 2-3 days...

That could really mess you up in your game if you do it after a game if you don't usually do it..

Headache in a Suitcase said:
weight lifting and basketball is a tricky issue. if you don't have a weight program developed specificly for a basketball player... which would be for the most part light weight/more reps, working on endurance more than power... then i suggest not doing it at all.

also it's best to put some shots up immediately after working out, working mostly on form shooting. shooting the basketball is repetiition and muscle memory. when you lift weights your muscles change, so shooting immediately after is beneficial.

i've found that, for young players especially, reps with a heavy rope is much more beneficial than weight training... mostly because young players don't have access to weight trainers who know how to put together a program for a) your specific body type, and b) basketball players.

thanks for the advice Headache:up:

and i do have a weight program, but it's a football one, which i believe is more power and not so much on endurance, but i'm not sure.so do you recommend taking a break during the basketball season?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom