It's Officially the new way to get drunk!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Listerine Drinker Arrested for DUI

ADRIAN, Mich. - A woman who admitted drinking three glasses of Listerine mouthwash had a blood-alcohol content more than three times the legal limit when she was arrested for drunken driving, police said Friday.

The woman, identified by police Sgt. Mike Shadbolt as 50-year-old Carol A. Ries, was arrested Sunday night and released on personal bond the next day. She was to be arraigned late next week on a misdemeanor charge of operating under the influence of liquor, Shadbolt said.

Police also found an open bottle of Listerine in Ries' car, and asked Lenawee County prosecutors Friday to authorize a warrant charging her with having an open intoxicant in a motor vehicle, Shadbolt said. Calls to the prosecutor's office were not answered after business hours.

Ries showed signs of intoxication after her car rear-ended another vehicle Sunday, Shadbolt said. She told police she had not consumed any alcohol and also passed a Breathalyzer test, but "there was something not quite right about her," Shadbolt said.

She failed a second test using different equipment and, under further questioning, admitted to drinking three glasses of Listerine earlier in the day, Shadbolt said.

According to Listerine manufacturer Pfizer Inc.'s Web site, original formula Listerine contains 26.9 percent alcohol, more than four times that of many malt liquors. Other varieties contain 21.6 percent alcohol.

-Associated Press

Ugh, gross - Listerine tastes like ass.

Why didn't she just buy herself a litre of pure ethanol while she was at it?

Ugh! How nasty - I mean, Listerine?!?!? I much prefer Nyquil for my over-the-counter get-your-drunk-on beverage. (Cherry flavor... :drool: ) :laugh:

Last edited:
maybe it's time to add a little listerine to your drinks if ya wanna get hammered quicker.

najeena, I apologise if this thread has offended you. Obviously I do not know your background and or history in the subject. I, on the otherhand, have had my own vices which I have battled with. I often find that humour is one of the best therapies when dealing with difficult times. You do have my heartfelt apologies in any case. I do not ever mean offense.

For an alcoholic that is nothing. I have stories of addicts doing all sorts of stuff. I am a recovering Alcoholic and thank God I have never done anything like this. I never thought about drinking Listerine to get drunk, but we do! Funny! Sad! Demented!

Back
Top Bottom