It's Officially #the holidays will suck this year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I'm not looking forward to Christmas at all. I have to fly to North Carolina next weekend and then fly back the morning of the 26th and go to work, then fly to Indiana on the 27th and fly back on the 30th. I'm just not in the mood to go anywhere this year, and seeing family is always stressful.

I wish I had $300 to fly Sam here for New Year's. I hate having to be poor because I'm saving for grad school, and I hate worrying that I won't have enough money, figuring out how I'm going to move, what to do with my stuff, etc. I want to just move to England now, but then I wouldn't have enough money to get me through my MA program. :sigh:

I just want to go sleep and wake up in September with my loan, savings, and move all figured out and done for me. :(

I'm so depressed this season...done with school but I'm losin' my job and have nothin' lined up. I'm excited to go spend Christmas with my sis...but I wish I could see John. I don't even know what the hell to do with myself anymore. I'm considering staying at my sister's for a couple weeks in January...just chillin' around my hometown. Who knows? Maybe I'll find something there...

:hug: i wish we all had an extra $300 so we could fly our honey's in for new years. :sigh: well, your friends are here for you. :)

i guess i'm lucky...i don't have to go anywhere for christmas. my parents are here and my husband's parents are coming down.

however, i'm not looking forward to the day after they leave, the 27th. i get my wisdom teeth removed. i can only see where one of them is coming in (cuz the top two are impacted, and the other bottom one is headed diagonally like a cannon to my other tooth that's in there, second molar i guess) and the gums are so swollen there, i can hardly see my other tooth anymore. but i need to get them done.

it'll be my first time getting major surgery (i've had toe surgery, but that was nothing drastic) and my first time getting an iv! i've never even been put under before. :huh:

anyway, i'm sorry you have money woes and stuff. i wish you the best of luck and hope you get the money you need as stress-free as possible! :hug:

For once i'm actually kind of looking forward to the holidays.....due to the fact i dont work in retail any more!!!! *sigh*

I used to always get sad on the holidays cuz i didnt have a BF and everyone in my fam is married...it always depressed me. But after i broke up with the Ex, i had a GREAT holiday cuz i was so glad to be away from him...

This year may be the return of my old emotions however...:(

I'm hoping for the best.

Hope everyone is OK for the holiday :sad:

My holidays are never spectacularly happy - and so I too am bummed about the arrival of the Christmas season.

I just try to look on the bright side of things I do have going for me, even when my brain goes in a more negative direction.

I thank God for my boyfriend's family every day - they give me the kind of nuclear family that is loving and happy that I desire and need to grow past my childhood pain.

I find the holidays hard and stressful. I'd do just about anything to spend it with my someone special, but that's not going to happen. I guess lot's of phonecalls and emails. :kiss:
I really wanted to enjoy Christmas this year and I still really will try, but there's the whole money, holy crap what am I going to do next month? etc... stresses looming over me, but in the end... things always do work out if you want it bad enough. :yes:
Look at April! :D Things have certainly turned around for her and I am very happy.

Chin up everyone! :wave: I personally am very happy to have you guys. :hug:

my dad wont be here this xmas...and neither will my bro

just me, sis, and mom
weird!!

every christmas so far has been at least with my dad, mom, bro, and I

oh well...c'est la vie, n'est pas?

the main thing i hate about the holidays is all my relatives bugging me to get married and produce children...:mad: :banghead: :censored:

megan, i wish you were in indiana earlier!!! :(:( The airport meeting thing was looking difficult anyway, i checked it out...just give me your phone numbers there so i call using my parents' phone, ok? ;) You'd always be welcome to join in on the chaos of me running out in a rage to the closest bar to get pregnant and make my parents happy.

oh, and grad school stuff is such a pain in the ass in planning, but it does all come together somehow. remember, my house is basically open for storage.

i hope everyone has a good holiday - tolerable anyway - i'm sure we'll all be complaining on here lots...;)

jkayet said:
the main thing i hate about the holidays is all my relatives bugging me to get married and produce children...:mad: :banghead: :censored:

LOL!!!!!

I've got one aunt who keeps askin' when John and I are havin' our wedding so she can ask for the time off from work. It's like, ummm...number 1, it won't be happenin' for a bit yet...number 2, we may be passing up on the traditional wedding ceremony (I have another idea I'm really interested in, if we could make it happen).

I'm like a displaced person this holiday season. :( My family is oceans away. I thought of going to NY to visit friends (and it's the cheapest way to travel...bus for $35 :D), then thought of RI/NH to visit a friend and then thought of Chicago to visit my sis but it's too cold there. I ended up getting tix from Priceline to LA and am visiting a friend I went to college with.

jkayet said:

:hug: My mom doesn't bug me about it, but I myself am bothered by the fact that I'm not married yet...and am not even close to getting married! :scream: It's crazy, but I tend to shy away from my old friends because all of them are either attached or married and all I get are questions like, "Why??? What are you looking for???", when I'm sure all they want to ask is "What's wrong with you?!" :sad: :banghead: :scream:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom