It's Officially The Big Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Why do you have to look like such a dork to officially become a doctor? :der:

Who came up with those goofy ridiculously poofy graduation gowns and silly hats? :eyebrow:

Do I have to be grown-up and professional now? :sad:

Can I still eat brains and be respected? :drool:

My MIL is bringing a digital camera so I should have some sexydorkpics for you all later :sexywink:

Congrats! Those silly outfits were first used in European universities in the Middle Ages. Since I wear medieval costumes on weekends it wasn't a big departure when I got my baccalaureate.

:applaud: Congrats! :applaud:

You need the mortar boards to throw in the air :up:

JessicaAnn said:
Don't poke yourself in the eye when you throw your hat up in the air.

Do people really do that? It seems like that would happen only in the movies :eyebrow:

(I mean throwing the cap :der: )

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:

Do people really do that? It seems like that would happen only in the movies :eyebrow:

Yes they do. It is a testament to academic achievement. Stand in a group of people all throwing pointy cornered hats into the air without thinking about where they land....

bonosloveslave said:

:yes:

The mortar boards are a really big deal at our university, 2 of my friends are graduating this year and the only thing they talk about is getting to throw them in the air. :|

There was no mortar board throwing, "it does not follow the decorum of the day" :sad:

But my dad came, a nice unexpected surprise :)

The speaker was :yawn:, but we had a slide show at the end with various candids from our 4 years there, and my friend (the class president) took my suggestion and had "Beautiful Day" playing in the background! :applaud:

bonosloveslave said:
Why do you have to look like such a dork to officially become a doctor? :der:

Who came up with those goofy ridiculously poofy graduation gowns and silly hats? :eyebrow:

Do I have to be grown-up and professional now? :sad:

Can I still eat brains and be respected? :drool:

My MIL is bringing a digital camera so I should have some sexydorkpics for you all later :sexywink:

Ummm...would that be: "DOCTOR SexyDork" now????? :wink:
Congratulations on your degree. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom