It's Officially The Best Mexican Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
El Toro Bravo in Costa Mesa

Carnitas Special - 2 lbs carnitas, three dozen fresh corn tortillas, 1 bag double thick tortilla chips, 1 qt. salsa, onion and cilantro on the side.

The place manufactures tortillas and masa for restaurants in the area. If you left their tortillas in the fridge for a week, they would begin to taste like the store-bought variety.

Located in a Hispanic neighborhood - all the stores' primary signs are in Spanish

:up:

El Toro Bravo
739 W 19th St, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Phone: (949) 646-4266

One driveway over from Smart & Final located at the corner of 19th and Pamona

:drool:

nbcrusader said:
El Toro Bravo
739 W 19th St, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Phone: (949) 646-4266

One driveway over from Smart & Final located at the corner of 19th and Pamona

:drool:

Muchas Gracias.

:shifty:

Y'know, since I'm going to be single, alone, defenseless, and possibly in need of company for much of the coming three years, we OCians should meet at this joint for dinner some Friday/Saturday evening.

martha said:

Muchas Gracias.

:shifty:

Y'know, since I'm going to be single, alone, defenseless, and possibly in need of company for much of the coming three years, we OCians should meet at this joint for dinner some Friday/Saturday evening.

:hyper: :applaud: :yes:

An OC meet-up is what we need!!!!

martha said:
I'll have to see which weekends my baby isn't coming home. I'll know more after the next few weeks.

Are you guys both on here at the same time on different computers?

:der:

Okay! When you find out, let us know and we can try and get the OC people together for dinner!!!

And yes, we are sitting a few feet from each other in our office, posting on different computers :laugh:

OC meet-up :up:

El Toro Bravo is NOT the place. It is take-out only (well, that is not entirely true, there is one stand-up table outside).

This place is more factory than restaurant - great place to get food if a group is coming over to your house or for a picnic on the beach.

For sit down Mexican food, we usually go to Mi Casa on 17th in Costa Mesa or El Ranchito in Newport (on the peninsula).

Before I met Mrs. BAW, I used to slide down PCH from the South Bay and then stumble out of Las Brisas; slide my way back and be home the next day....is that place still there?? :drunk:

Also, have you tried the El Tarasco restaurant in NB???

Let me give u a little history; this place originated in El Segundo and Manhattan Beach...small little eateries that even Iris would appreciate..they slowly spread to Harbot City, Redondo Beach...finally, a sister of the owner put one in town next to us in Fullerton...I couldn't wait.....YUK!! all these years, I had confessed to Mrs. BAW that El Tarasco was the BEST....I drove her to the original and she agreed (we've banned Fullerton)...we are going to El Tarasco NB in the next week or so....we'll let you know how it is if you haven't tried it!

I know Long and Lengthy...blah. blah blah... :wave:

Last edited:
Before I met Mrs. BAW, I used to slide down PCH from the South Bay and then stumble out of Las Brisas; slide my way back and be home the next day....is that place still there??

Yes, it is still there. A million dollar view from Laguna Beach.

Last edited:
El Tarasco

Thanks for the tip - We don't venture on to the peninsula much, but we will have to try this place. Looks close to El Ranchito.

Small little eateries are the best!! A good friend of mine (a real estate broker - they seem to know everything) takes me to the out of the way joints all around the Newport Mesa area. Awesome food!

Back
Top Bottom