It's officially something that has to be done...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I've come to the decision that it's time for me to do a clean install of my computer. I haven't done one since I've owned this computer for almost 3 years. It's a bit scary for me...I hope I can figure it all out :yikes: I really need to do this tho...I've had problems with it locking up, I've got so much stuff that I've installed and uninstalled that there's no telling what's on here...and I recently got a virus that I haven't been able to repair (got it from an email file sent to me from work...figures :angry: )...so I guess it's that time. :sigh:

:wave: :|

You'll have so much fun doing that ABEL!
:mad:

We're doing the laptop right now, then this one right after. :mad:
It has to be one of the biggest pains in the arse ever.

:scream:

I can't even seem to figure out how to boot my puter off the CD :reject:

finally, I figured out how to boot off the cd and get to the part where you install windows...it says it's not recommended on machines that already have an operating system, that the cd I have was meant for computers without an operating system, and that if I install windows it will reset my config and settings to basic...ugh...I think this is what I wanna do, but do I? :scratch: :lol: :reject:

(I'm running Windows ME)

It says I should run setup from the cd, but when I've done that, it just reinstalls windows, it doesn't do a clean install :banghead:

You need to format your system first.

I would suggest investing into either Windows 2000 or Windows XP, because I think the process is far easier.

Melon

format my system first? :scratch: is that like deleting the partition or something? it said to boot off the cd to do that, but i couldn't get it to work :der: ow. my brain hurts now.

I plan on investing in Windows XP at some point, but for the time being I'm broke, so this will have to do :sigh:

You do the reformat fried boogie.
Then it's the installing Windows waltz. Topped off with re-installing Windows again, because it didn't take. Then after hour or so, it's loads of fun as you reinstall all the programs you originally had on computer. At this point, you're seeing 2 or
3 monitors before your eyes. There's a sound of tweeting birds
flying around your head.

Back
Top Bottom