It's officially some that Sicy left out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:
Acro, he's gorgeous!!!! I wouldn't clip that fringe either! He looks like a calendar dog or one of those part time model pooches :D What a sweetie :) I adore Cockers, they are a lovely breed. Such a beautiful looking dog :heart: Sorry he is not with you anymore :(

My family has always been cocker orientated..I think they are a perfect breed especially with children and house guests. There are some people who really don't show that much of an interest in dogs but do find time for Cocker Spaniels.

~I do have to clarify that Stanley actually passed away 3-4 years ago aged around 11. I really didn't phrase that too well earlier..so sorry for misleading you into thinking this was a recent passing..but it really doesn't feel that long ago at all. He'd been the runt of his mother's litter and had always had a weak stomach throughout his life..not helped by his eating habits which I seem to remember your Angus has a claim to himself..I don't believe our games console at that time ever came under threat though :D;)...when he passed away we took in two Cocker Spaniels..will have to find photos of both of the,..one's a very elegant looking male with a constant posh air around him~he'll demand doors are opened for him :huh:...the other is a very cheeky.and tarty female..far too hyperactive for her own good..

..is Zoe the self-professed boss of your house? :D

ACROB@T said:

one's a very elegant looking male with a constant posh air around him~he'll demand doors are opened for him :huh:...the other is a very cheeky.and tarty female..far too hyperactive for her own good..

i want to see the posh and cheeky & tarty doggies.

cockers are the sweetest dogs. :heart:

Yeah I want to see the tarty and posh pooch too! You're right too, about Cockers. When we first got Angus, we discovered the little girl next door was petrified of dogs. After a few weeks she wanted her own dog, so he must have been doing something right! They seem to be the perfect sized dog, they are known for having somewhat placid natures, their gun dog instincts can make them active, but they are small enough to overcome that I think. I guess people dont associate them with being aggressive which is great. Angus would jump all over an intruder and want to play.
No need to apologise either, you werent misleading with the time frame poor Stanley passed away in, I just made it sound like it I think. Still, its sad, no matter when they go. I have a *personal* question lol about Stanley actually, was he desexed? Angus isn't and we think that is a large factor in his um..behavioural issues lol. We have debated for ages whether to get it done, but at his age and the fact that he cannot get out of the yard without us makes us kind of not bother. If we had him when he was young we would have, especially knowing his tendancy to eat anything he shouldn't :D Sounds like our 2 have similar traits...just yesterday I came home to find a photo film envelope on the floor and the photos spread out everywhere. He ate a couple of them in the process. I'm tempted to give up trying. I have no idea why he chews these kinds of things these days! Food and the rubbish bin I can kinda understand...but photos??? He also ate a computer cable...:huh:

oh and uh...yeah, you could say Zoe is the boss of the house!!...self appointed indeed... We call her The Supervisor. If anything is happening, she is there. Overseeing.
Happy cat really, but she always looks like she just sucked on a lemon. She has a few choice nicknames. We are just her servants after all. :D

335%3C969923232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A3%3D%3C2%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E232335953586%3Aot1lsi

step 1: dangle ham roll to right hand side of camera ~ step 2: take picture...

335%3C969923232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A3%3D%3C2%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323359535869ot1lsi

Barney~the posh male..very lazy, laid back, respectful, and a little too proper for his own good..would probably sit back in his chair with a glass of whisky and cigar and discuss his war days..has the eye googles to prove it..we really need to get him one of those vintage leather pilot hats with the ear flaps :D

335%3C969923232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A3%3D%3C2%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323359535868ot1lsi

Esme~very deceptive picture..this was probably a few seconds before she tore off somewhere..will flirt with other males and house guests quite freely to get as much attention as she can..this one won't expect doors opened for her as her head usually does the trick :ohmy:

With regards to desexing..Stanley was never neutered when we brought him from a local breeder. The breeder in question was never behind desexing, and maybe considering his age it would have been worthwhile looking into the possibility of neutering him, and analysing how much of an effect the process would have on his longterm behaviour to make it worthwhile. I guess for the same reasons as you stated with Angus in regard to his fixed location thoughout the day it wasn't thought about a lot. Its a really hard task to keep dogs under control in the home environment when you are away. You can lock them in a room where the contents are less harmful and vulnerable, and it makes them even more agitated being closed in resulting in them finding other problematic ways to pass the time. I'm not a great expert at all but if his behaviour is really worrying you to the point where you are concerned with any problems he may create for himself within his eating habits then maybe it would be worth seeking advice for desexing..with his age in mind as well..or possible alternative methods..both which you've probably done but I suggest anyway because my parents didn't think about it too much when maybe it would have been advisable

Angela Harlem said:
oh and uh...yeah, you could say Zoe is the boss of the house!!...self appointed indeed... We call her The Supervisor

at my grandparents house they used to have a six year old cat who would calmly sit at the top of the stairs confronting oncoming toilet destined people..she would pull a very strange face not unlike sucking a lemon..and supported gentle purr for extra measure which you just knew meant that a toll had to be paid to move onward or else she would hold it against you all day..our family would have probably taken in a cat had my dad not been allergic to them

my memory is a little lost tonight Screamin..do you have pets yourself?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom