it's officially perspective

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screaming Flower

ONE love, blood, life
i don't know why i'm even telling this here but i am really shaken right now and i think i'm going to cry.

i don't know if anyone of you saw this on the news today but there was a party in my neighborhood on the third floor of this regular walk-up apartment building. the weather was beautiful so lots of people were on the deck/balcony. horrifyingly, it collapsed and fell right through the lower two decks killing 12 people and injuring 57. all of these people were my age and it was right in my neighborhood. i can practically see the street from my window. i've been thinking about it all day. most of these kids went to high school together and were just having a good time. i just couldn't help but think how easily it could have been someone i know. it's just so upsetting to me.

about 20 minutes ago my younger brother called. he lives about four blocks from me. i could tell immediately that something was wrong. he had just been over here so it was weird that he called. anyway, he proceeded to tell me that he was supposed to be at that very party. he was with his friend amanda last night and it was her co-worker's party. her co-worker was one of the twelve killed. my brother said that for some reason he just didn't want to go to the party. he doesn't know why. and he's the type that would go to any party - he's just really social. for some reason he just didn't want to go and he managed to convince amanda to go to a different bar with him instead.

he could have been there.

i'm not the kind of person who readily spills my guts like this and i don't know why i'm doing it now. i just can't believe how close tragedy could have been to my family. i don't even know what else to say.

if you can please keep those kids in your prayers - there are still some critically injured. pray for their families and friends. and tell your family you love them.

I read this this morning.

It is really freaky. I actually did think about you momentarily. I can't get teh thing out of my head. I have had a few friends that have lived/live in the neighborhood...and have had grill-outs/small gatherings on similar balconies...last year even. I just can't imagine the scene...seeing your high school friends dropping in to a pile like that.

My thoughts have been with them most of the day.

I edited to take out the hug smilies...for me, and prolly only for me, they seem out of place. sorry

Last edited:
Screaming Flower said:
if you can please keep those kids in your prayers - there are still some critically injured. pray for their families and friends. and tell your family you love them.
will do

*calls mom and tells her i loves her

that's so horrible peach, i am SO GLAD to hear your brother just by fate wasn't there - thank God.

i will most certainly keep those kids in my prayers and thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom