It's officially Pepsi heaven!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Vanilla Pepsi
COMING SOON!

PEPSI :hyper: PEPSI :hyper: PEPSI :hyper:

I just heard today that Pepsi will be marketing it's own brand of Vanilla flavored Pepsi!

I recently tried vanilla Coke and liked it although I'm not a Coke drinker and don't like Coke :yuck:

:hyper: I can't wait for Vanilla Pepsi! :hyper: :crack: :faint:

http://www.newsday.com/business/nat...,5974622.story?coll=sns-ap-business-headlines

Pepsi to Sell Own Vanilla-Flavored Cola
By Associated Press

April 9, 2003, 4:51 PM EDT

NEW YORK -- PepsiCo Inc. is hoping to turn up the heat this summer in its rivalry with Coca-Cola Co. by launching its own vanilla-flavored cola.

The Purchase, N.Y., food and beverage company ended speculation Wednesday about the new drink by confirming it will introduce Pepsi Vanilla late this summer. No specific launch date was announced.

Coca-Cola, based in Atlanta, has had much success with Vanilla Coke, which has sold 90 million cases since its launch last May, according to industry trade publication Beverage Digest.

Also, on tap from Pepsi for the warm-weathered months is Mountain Dew LiveWire, an orange-flavored Dew; new packaging, which mimics Coca-Cola's "Fridge Pack"; and a Mountain Dew tie-in with the movie "The Hulk" from Universal Pictures, a unit of Vivendi Universal.

Pepsi also plans to offer 1,000 consumers a chance to compete for $1 billion live on AOL Time Warner Inc.'s The WB Network. The show, which will air in September, will guarantee a $1 million winner selected through a game of chance. The winner will then have a chance to up the ante to $1 billion without forfeiting the $1 million prize.

Matti Leshem and Michael Davies of Diplomatic Productions -- best known as the producers of former hit show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" -- will produce the show.

Although Pepsi wouldn't reveal the details of the game show, the company said it is sure to be marked by building suspense as the pool of contestants gets winnowed down to the final winner.

"The billion-dollar promotion is going to attract a lot of attention," said John Sicher, editor and publisher of Beverage Digest.

Pepsi shares closed Wednesday at $39.39, up 16 cents, on the New York Stock Exchange. Shares of Coca-Cola finished at $41.67, down 18 cents, also on the Big Board.

Copyright ? 2003, The Associated Press

I prefer Pepsi to Coke most of the time.

I prefer Cherry Coke to Cherry Pepsi all the time.

Kinda funny how both of them always copy each other's flavors.

u2popmofo said:
I prefer Pepsi to Coke most of the time.

I prefer Cherry Coke to Cherry Pepsi all the time.

Kinda funny how both of them always copy each other's flavors.

:hmm: This gives me an idea for another poll in Lemonade Stand...

Vanilla coke isn't that bad if its really icy cold.
As long as Pepsi don't do anything drastic to my beloved Pepsi Max, I will be happy.

Max....:drool:

i haven't tried vanilla coke, and i dont know if i want to try the vanilla pepsi...

vanilla coke :crack: not got it in UK yet...

the thought of it ... :sick: :no:

cherry coke is lush tho ... and so is pepsi twist.

really ... whats the difference between pepsi and coke ? :der: :reject:

zonelistener said:
copycats! :mad:
:yes: also, they're copying coke's fridge pack. i mean, i know pepsi's ticked because they've been #2 for a long time now, but if they're going to go copy off of every successful thing coke is doing, they'll never be able to one up them. they need to come up with a totally unique idea first if they ever want to be #1 in the soda wars. :down:

Back
Top Bottom