It's Officially Not Atkins Friendly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
No-carb eating couple booted from buffet

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) -- A couple on a low-carb diet were kicked out of a buffet restaurant after the manager said they'd eaten too much roast beef.

Sui Amaama, who along with his wife have been on the Atkins Diet for two weeks, was asked to leave after he went up to the buffet at the Chuck-A-Rama in suburban Taylorsville for his 12th slice of roast beef.

"It's so embarrassing actually," said Isabelle Leota, Amaama's wife. "We went in to have dinner, we were under the impression Chuck-A-Rama was an all-you-can-eat establishment."

Not so, said Jack Johanson, the restaurant chain's district manager.

"We've never claimed to be an all-you-can-eat establishment," said Johanson. "Our understanding is a buffet is just a style of eating."

The general manager who was carving the meat Tuesday became concerned about having enough for other patrons and asked Amaama to stop, Johanson said.

Offended, the couple asked for a refund. The manager refused and called police when they would not leave.

The couple said they have eaten at Chuck-A-Rama's $8.99 buffet at least twice a week, but did not plan to return.

Mr. BAW said:
Well counselor, where do you stand on this one? was there Notice? what is the general meaning of buffet? did the plaintiffs eat themselves into a corner? :lol:

I doubt they have any hard damages. Sue for the $8.99, less what they already reasonably consumed?

I'm sure someone will offer to file suit for the "emotional damages" they suffered..... :down:

i heard about this a couple days ago. someone on another forum lives there and has been to that exact same restaurant.

- they explicitly state they can cut you off at any time (in case people did stuff like this, loading up on lots of expensive stuff)

- these cuts were big. the person estimated they ate the equivalent of 1/2 a roast. EACH.

so yeah, these people were pigs. they knew they were in the wrong; buffet places expect to occasionally lose some money on people, but they make it up in volume. but that's like going through $50 in meat apiece.

Back
Top Bottom