It's officially #mysterious coconut drink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
When I was in Florida, for my friend's wedding, her husband made this delicious drink! No one knew what it was called tho. Her husband only knew that he had had it at another party.

And yes, it's an alcoholic drink! :laugh:

The ingredients, if I remember correctly were:

Coconut water
Lime Juice
and I can't remember if it was Rum or Vodka in it

it was yummy :drool:

anyone else had this drink or know what it might be called?

how are those drinks made? this one wasn't frozen, but we poured it over ice cubes.

coconut limeade:

2 oz pina colada mix
fill limeade mix
ice (shake)
serve on the rocks

daiquiris are frozen though, or technically served with crushed ice. but given the amount of rum in the coconut one i came across, you probably would've been on your ass after only one. (it had light rum, dark rum, and dark rum!)

there was no pina colada mix in it that I know of, but there was coconut water in it :shifty: perhaps it was a variation of that drink :shrug:

it was very yummy whatever it was :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:
...but given the amount of rum in the coconut one i came across, you probably would've been on your ass after only one. (it had light rum, dark rum, and dark rum!)

I only had enough to try it, but I remember some of the other people there saying how the drink was very ambiguous and kinda snuck up on them

ABEL said:
there was no pina colada mix in it that I know of, but there was coconut water in it :shifty: perhaps it was a variation of that drink :shrug:
yeah, it could've been. pina colada mix is kinda dumb imo because it's so easy to make on your own. i don't like it and have never tried it because i am not a big fan of coconut (pineapple is good though). but pina colada just consists of light rum, coconut, and pineapple.

i have a question. are you sure it was coconut water, or that they didn't use coconut and water? however, coconut water does exist so it isn't impossible. your best bet would be to try to search the net and various mixed drinks websites (just search for "mixed drinks" and you'll find tons!) and when you come up with one that you think could be it, go to a bar and ask for the drink. i'd say to try it in a bar first only since you're not sure if it was vodka or rum in the drink. if you get to a point where you know exactly what the drink was and what goes in it, then you may want to consider buying the ingredients and making it yourself.

i've never had rum before, but i can describe what vodka tastes like, to help you figure what kind of alcohol it was. vodka smells just like rubbing alcohol, and tastes a lot like what you think rubbing alcohol would. it burns in your throat and kinda sneaks up on you, but you get used to it. my guess is it was rum, mainly because it's a drink you see in more tropical beverages, and you can't get much more tropical than coconut and lime. i can't picture vodka going in a drink like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom