It's Officially Jury Duty Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
Has anyone had to do this before? I'm supposed to go in on Tuesday...can I get out of it if I'm a student? I don't want to do it, but my boss says it will be cool. Hmm...

I would do a search on it on the internet. You can generally get disqualified from jury duty if the jury duty obligations would sincerely hamper your lifestyle--i.e., if it would make you miss a lot of your classes, then, yes, that would be a sincere excuse. Since a lot of companies have policies that do not discriminate against people who have jury duty, the "financial hardship" excuse may or may not apply, depending if the company will pay you for your time that you are in jury duty.

Of course, you *could* say that you are bigoted against all races, genders, and have an especial hatred for suspected criminals...

Even if you have no excuse, you might get dismissed right away, only because the defense or the prosecution might not like you as a juror anyway for whatever reason. They call more people than they have room for, obviously.

:angry:

I had to go to jury duty once in a federal court. I had no friggin clue what they were talking about in the case so I told them that.

They excused me.

Sicy said:
I had to go to jury duty once in a federal court. I had no friggin clue what they were talking about in the case so I told them that.

They excused me.

That's great.

I never get called for it..:( I would like to do it, I love watching the law in action. (I almost went to law school).

My mom recently did.... they gave her a time to call, so she called at said time and they told her to call back in two days. So she called again, and they said to call the next day...so she calls the next day and they tell her they don't need her. Gotta Love the State of NY

I have to go in on the 24th...for the 5th time in 5 years :mad:

I get called every :censored: year like clockwork. I've only been picked to be on one jury...a drunk driving case where the lady tried to say she was in the bar for 6 hours but only had 2 beers :eyebrow: And the reason she fell during her field sobriety test was because her heels were too high :lol:

I tried everything to get out of that one. The defense attorney knew my husband and my brother in law who both used to be cops but the judge said that didn't matter. The arresting officer had the same name as my husband and gave my stepdaughter a speeding ticket the year before but that didn't get me excused either. :shrug:

The other 3 times, I sat in the jury room for 8 hours without being called in to one single courtroom. Its bullshit I tell ya.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom