It's officially Ice Ice Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
falling from the skies in Dallas tonite! We've already got almost 1/4 inch of sleet covering everything! I got off work about 45 minutes ago...what normally is a 2 minute drive around the block, took me about 10 minutes :ohmy:

we're expected to get approximately 1-3 inches of sleet or snow accumulations overnight

Of course, before I left work, my supervisor calls me, asking me to come in early, since he lives farther away, and asked me to work 9am-5pm, cuz the roads are going to be bad :no: If the roads are so icy that I can barely get to my car leaving from work (I had to get a co-worker to help me to my car so I wouldn't slip...I'm such a wuss :lol:), then there's no way I can drive to work in the morning...of course, since I only live a couple blocks away, they think it will be no problem for me to come in :no: in fact, it may be harder to travel on the little side roads that have had little traffic, rather than the big highways :banghead: :shrug:

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the weather is like in the morning, but with the forecasted high to be around 32 - 33 degrees, it ain't getting much better :|

I love this weather tho :hyper:

Last edited:
at first i thought this thread was about me. some friends in class used to sing that everytime they saw me:|

Ah Abel... that would explain when I called our Home Office in Fort Worth, there was a recording that said "Due to the severre weather, all offices are now closed. Please call again tomorrow 8am" Buncha coperate wussies!

All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Ice is back with a brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Then I flow that a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
Yo--I don't know :uhoh:

Bonochick said:
Turn off the lights, and I glow!

*pause*

Kind of like a...lightbulb...
to the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle:lol:

I could go on and on and on :tongue:

:laugh:

no, ice is not usually normal in dallas....sure we get a few little snow flurries, and a few sleet flurries each winter, but not very often do we get 1-3 inches of ice (which is forecast tonite)...it's still sleeting heavily

ok here are some pics from outside my apartment....remember, this is mostly sleet here! (there may be a little snow mixed in, but it's mostly SLEET!!!) :no: :burrrrrrr:

the sleet started falling around 4 or 5pm this afternoon...

notice the ice cycles on the lamp outside my door

Attachments

• iceonlamp1.jpg
    iceonlamp1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 61
and a view of the parkinglot (no, my car isn't in this pic :lol: I had to park further down cuz I didnt get home till after 8pm :|)

Attachments

• parkinglot1.jpg
    parkinglot1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 59
the roads are icey this morning...there's about 1/4" of ice out there...I was supposed to go into work early at 9am, but I called, and one of my managers who was the only one who made it there so far, said I didn't have to come in till 11am (normally I'd go in at noon)...he said he could come pick me up too since I live so close...I may take them up on that...I'd hate to try to drive on that ice and wreck my car. Just trying to walk to the car without slipping on the ice will be a joy :huh:

On the news reports they've shown cars slipping all over the highways...but actually the highways are worse this time instead of the side streets, cuz the sleet on the highways has been packed down into a glazed sheet of ice...

The other problem has been apartment building carports....they reported that there have been about 6 covered parking carports that have collapsed from the ice...luckily I never park under the carport here (which costs more to reserve one at my apartment building)...none have collapsed around here that I know of. I'd hate to be one of those poor people to wake up and find that on their car.

I wish I could just have a snow day and stay at home :|

well luckily my manager came and gave me a ride to work this afternoon around 12pm. The roads were covered in about 1/4" to 1" of ice. He has a big 4 wheel drive Suburban so there wasn't much trouble getting to work...he was kinda laughing at me as he sat in the car and I waddled my way along the sidewalk at my apartment like a penguin trying not to fall, lol!

We use a side entrance to get into the building at work, it was kinda funny...we finally get to work, and my boss purposefully drove his big Suburban up on the sidewalk so I wouldn't have to walk on the ice covered parking lot :laugh:

I only had to stay at work for about 3 hours, until I got the jobs caught up from today and for tomorrow morning. My boss was leaving early too (around 4pm), so he said he could give me a ride home then. It was a good thing we left early too...the roads that were slushy and ok to drive on earlier in the day had already started to refreeze...the temp never got above freezing today (only about 27 degrees)...on the way home his car slid like 2 or 3 times! He even missed the turn off to my apartment cuz he skid and had to turn out of the turn on the road I live on to avoid hitting a car :ohmy: then, he had to cut in front of another car cuz he couldn't stop at the stop sign and just skid through it...we ended up going around the long way to my apartment! :no:

oh, the other good thing was they bought us lunch at work today! :yes: :up:

and yes, the forecast for tonite is there is more patchy sleet/freezing rain for tonite, but tomorrow afternoon we should finally be above freezing

Don't they have sand or salt for the roads :scratch:

Oh wait I live in a place where the roads are sanded and salted from the end of August to the begining of June.

My county was rated number 1 in snow removal equipment and effiencey in the nation, so I guess I'm spoiled.

they actually do have sanding trucks, but there was so much ice so fast that they couldn't keep up :huh:

aaahhh...well drive safe...you are actually safer in a smaller heavier car than you are in a SUV. I hate the guys in big trucks who think they can go a million miles an hour just because they are in trucks. But I let them pass me and wave to them when they slide off the road.

i have the moxie to quote the whole song

yo, vip, let's kick it!

ice ice baby, ice ice baby
all right stop, collaborate and listen
ice is back with my brand new invention
something grabs a hold of me tightly
then i flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
will it ever stop? yo -- i don't know
turn off the lights and i'll glow
to the extreme i rock a mic like a vandal
light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

dance, bum rush the speaker that booms
i'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
deadly, when i play a dope melody
anything less than the best is a felony
love it or leave it, you better gain way
you better hit bull's eye, the kid don't play
if there was a problem, yo, i'll solve it
check out the hook while my dj revolves it

ice ice baby vanilla, ice ice baby vanilla

now that the party is jumping
with the bass kicked in, the vegas are pumpin'
quick to the point, to the point no faking
i'm cooking mcs like a pound of bacon
burning them if they're not quick and nimble
i go crazy when i hear a cymbal
and a hi hat with a souped up tempo
i'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
rollin' in my 5.0
with my ragtop down so my hair can blow
the girlies on standby, waving just to say hi
did you stop? no -- i just drove by
kept on pursuing to the next stop
i busted a left and i'm heading to the next block
that block was dead

yo -- so i continued to a1a beachfront ave.
girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
rockman lovers driving lamborghinis
jealous cuz i'm out geting mine
shay with a gauge and vanilla with a nine
reading for the chumps on the wall
the chumps acting ill because they're so full of "eight ball"
gunshots ranged out like a bell
i grabbed my nine -- all i heard were shells
falling on the concrete real fast
jumped in my car, slammed on the gas
bumper to bumper the avenue's packed
i'm trying to get away before the jackers jack
police on the scene, you know what i mean
they passed me up, confronted all the dope fiends
if there was a problem, you, i'll solve it
check out the hook while my dj revolves it

take heed, cuz i'm a lyrical poet
miami's on the scene just in case you didn't know it
my town, that created all the bass sound
enough to shake and kick holes in the ground
cuz my style's like a chemical spill
feasible rhymes that you can vision and feel
conducted and formed, this is a hell of a concept
we make it hype and you want to step with this
shay plays on the fade, slice like a ninja
cut like a razor blade so fast, other djs say, "damn"
if my rhyme was a drug, i'd sell it by the gram
keep my composure when it's time to get loose
magnetized by the mic while i kick my juice
if there was a problem, yo -- i'll solve it!
check out the hook while deshay revolves it.

yo man -- let's get out of here! word to your mother!

ice ice baby too cold, ice ice baby too cold too cold
ice ice baby too cold too cold, ice ice baby too cold too cold

well, I guess I kinda have the day off, kinda...my boss called me earlier this morning and said that they weren't really staffing the store today, and that there were only a couple co-workers there. He said I could go in if I felt I could get there safely if the roads were ok. He said he'd call later if he needed me to come in and not to risk getting hurt trying to come in when the roads were so icy. The roads were much worse this morning cuz everything refroze.

The temperature is FINALLY above freezing...about 35 degrees...traffic looks ok from what i've seen on major roads...however the parking lot here and sidewalks are still covered with ice, but its starting to turn slushy.

I called work earlier, and one of the guys said they were kinda busy, that there were only 3 of them there. The boss hasn't called me back yet to say he needs me to come in, so I guess I should just wait till the boss calls and tells me to come in? Or do I try to go in anyway when the roads get better in an hour or so? :shrug: :banghead: I want the day off, but I hate this not knowing if I'll be called in :|

decisions decisions :hmm:

well i called back and talked to one of the guys, he said it would help if i came in...while i was out scraping ice off my car one of my other assistant managers called and asked if i was coming in :( no day off for me...oh well, at least i got a couple hours off

cya later :wave:

Back
Top Bottom