It's Officially - How NOT To Plan A Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:
Hey sorry Salome, didnt mean to insult your language. I was studing Bahasa at high school not long after they changed from Dutch spelling to English spelling and the whole tj = ch etc biz sent me nuts.

I am in awe of others who are proficient in several languages. Me, I find English tough enough.

fah said:

I am in awe of others who are proficient in several languages. Me, I find English tough enough.

Didnt say I was proficient at it, I just went to the classes for a couple of years so I could get out of compulory French. POMs study French as they live next door to France but Im not gonna as Im an irreligous athiest republican (stomps feet). Yes, I was a 'delightful' 14 year old.

let me help you beli

the standard greeting in dutch is rotte weer (or maybe rot weer, but who cares :p)
everything is prefixed with 'the' or 'het' as they typo it vocally
the national emblem is peter vandenhoovervacuumcleanerbag

just repeat:
alles in Nederland zuigt, de zelfs spelling

:lmao:

You Dutch people say such funny words. :|

Actually what I cannot pronounce is the Dutch East Indies thingie ie sumfin like Verdiche Oost Indiche Champagne? Doesnt sound well with an Aussie accent.

Except we are supposed to be talking about weddings. I had a 3 tiered hazlenut mud cake with chocolate slabs for icing for my wedding cake. Best 300 bucks I have ever spent. :drool:

sounds like mine, except it doesnt. mine was 2 tier, bottom choc mud and the top was gross disgusting fruit cake.
i never got to have any.
:|

mine was free so im not complaining.

Salome said:
even I know what they are :D

don't really like them though

the only way to eat a herring is raw with unions :drool:

my god johan. you are not serious????????

hahahahaha

you must be joking,

:|

pssst, what are rollmops??????
:grumpy:

Dont you hate that. And you spend 300 bucks on flowers that you leave at the wedding. I keep meaning to buy a big bunch of flowers just so I can enjoy them for a week. Perhaps we should all meet up and buy a chockie wedding cake and just us eat it.

Or we could all crash meggies wedding. :|

you and salome both explained this at the same time, but i do remember. they;re in the deli section of the supermarket and look as though they would smell rather fowl.

yes.

true on the wedding cake and flowers too. we have the loveliest flowers at ours and they disappeared. but mum and dad had the limo packed with everyone's presents and crap on the way home so they couldnt have taken them if we had even thought of it.

:sigh:

My Dad once went to a resturant in China where he ordered the snake dish. So they brought out some snakes for him to choose from and then skinned and gutted it on the table. :|

beli said:
Angie, I think you got the better deal with immigrants. You got all the Turks etc we got the Dutch, South Africans, etc tribe who CANNOT COOK! :barf:

haha i live next door to an indian family and they drive me nuts every day with their food. it is the loveliest smell. the wife cooked for us once....:drool:
damnit, it is lunch time and i am hungry.

wionder if its too early for chinese...i havent had breakfast yet.

:hmm:

i now have a weird craving for steamed spinach.

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom