It's Officially - How NOT To Plan A Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:
home cooked meals! my mum did this for me for about 2 weeks when i got home. i almost built a shrine in her honour for her kindness :D

Did you get lots of people saying stuff about not getting a boy by your third? Seems people think we need at least one of each to be happy or something...:slant:

People says lots of stupid things to pregnant women. For me, I was just happy that my girls were born healthy. I was 35, 37 and almost 39 when my daughters were born and I was very lucky not to have had any problems during my pregancies. I know many women who have not been as lucky as me.

Strangely enough I ran into a friend at the grocery store this morning. She has 3 boys about the same ages as my girls. She is pregnant with boy #4 and due in July. I told her how happy I was her and wished her a quick and painless delivery.

This is what pregnant women want to hear.

The other thing that gets to me. Baby names. We made the conscious decision not to tell anyone what are choices were for baby names. Why? Because you always get someone who says something like this 'Angela? You want to name your baby Angela, oh I knew a Angela once and she was from Australia.....' But if you wait until after you baby is born and you say 'I'd like you to meet my new baby daughter, her name is Angela" you usually get 'oh Angela, that's a beautiful name...'

fah said:
But if you wait until after you baby is born and you say 'I'd like you to meet my new baby daughter, her name is Angela" you usually get 'oh Angela, that's a beautiful name...'

To your face and then something else behind your back. My brother named his son Bailey. Thats a perfectly fine name as long as your last name isnt Ireland. :|

His wifes pregnant again, and not telling names again, so we are betting on Guiness, Tullamore Dew, or Emerald. :|

Im guessing they will have all boys. So we shall see. Sister in law said "I have loved the name Bailey since I was little". Yeah, but that was before you married an Ireland, honey.

I have liked the name "Piper" since I was little but
Piper Ireland-Johnston sounds like an ice station. :|

I think people thought the name Natalie was a bit...out of date when we said thats what Nat was going to be called. We had enough trouble agreeing on any name for a girl, it was a relief to fdinally have one. Just because I refuse to follow the latest trend of using a surname as a first name. I hae things like Maddison. Its fine for anyone else who likes that, but not me. And I swear, if I hear of another friend naming their boy jayden I think I'll puke.
:|

I suppose we should talk about NBCs employees wedding, given we know him soooo well.

I predict there will be 3 readings - Corinthians, Kahlil Gibran, and that native American Indian blessing.

If the bride is 19 and is marrying the first dork errr bloke that comes her way then she will be married in a splendid white puffy merangue ala Lady Di.

They will honeymoon in the US equivalant of Brisvegas. And have 17 children. None of which they can afford.

My first son was born on Abraham Lincoln's birthday so my grandmother suggested I name him Abe. She was a little insulted when I laughed and said no way in hell was my child going to be called Abe Antonio. My second son was born on Memorial Day so I asked her (sarcastically) what she thought of the name Memory Martin :laugh: She didn't think it was funny :shrug:

Ha, I joked to my mother that as our child was due in August
we should call him (if he was a boy, which he wasnt) Augustus. My Mum thought I was serious and thought that was a nice name. :|

Then we said "What about Dante?" :|

Bono's American Wife said:
My first son was born on Abraham Lincoln's birthday so my grandmother suggested I name him Abe. She was a little insulted when I laughed and said no way in hell was my child going to be called Abe Antonio. My second son was born on Memorial Day so I asked her (sarcastically) what she thought of the name Memory Martin :laugh: She didn't think it was funny :shrug:

I kinda like 'Memory Martin'

beli said:
Ha, I joked to my mother that as our child was due in August
we should call him (if he was a boy, which he wasnt) Augustus. My Mum thought I was serious and thought that was a nice name. :|

Then we said "What about Dante?" :|

Hey my Dad's middle name is August.

beli said:

To your face and then something else behind your back. My brother named his son Bailey. Thats a perfectly fine name as long as your last name isnt Ireland. :|

My neice's name is Bailey. But her last name isn't Ireland.

:laugh:Memory Martin:laugh:

There was a kid at my high school whose first name was 'Random.' That's like naming your kid 'Accident' or 'Result of Drunken Encounter.' :huh:

Hey sorry Salome, didnt mean to insult your language. I was studing Bahasa at high school not long after they changed from Dutch spelling to English spelling and the whole tj = ch etc biz sent me nuts.

:hmm: Ok doing baby math in my head, no that's not it, I think it might be a family name but I don't know. I will ask when I see him tomorrow.

:ohmy: fah just realizes she hasn't bought her father a birthday present. Thinks, can I use the line "but I gave you grandchildren" again.

Back
Top Bottom