It's Officially CreepyCrawly...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Creepycrawl spider story... and no, it wasn't henry :mad:

Tonight, I took a hot bath to relax after a bit of a stressful day. And I'm soaking in the tub for about 20 minutes before I realize there's this yellow lint shape material floating around...

so I get up, and I can't see well, because I don't have my glasses... and then, I look closer... and it's A DEAD SPIDER! :yikes: ...

so i quickly get out... and unplug the stopper... waiting for the water to drain, but anxious for the dead spider not to go down the drain because I was afraid that it might climb back up... so i'm waiting and waiting and waiting... watching the backwash tossing the spider back and forth... and then i caught the spider with some teepee and thought i crushed it... and threw it in the toilet.... and i flushed the toilet twice... and then stepped back in the tub to take a shower. :yuck:

3 hours fast forward... i got back to the same bathroom to take a leak... and i see another LIVE YELLOW SPIDER floating around the water surface of toilet... and I'm tripped out... :crazy: ... I was like :der: WTF? Did that first spider resurrect itself and swam out of the toilet pipes? ... i thought i was going nuts, to say the least...

anyways... that's my weird story of the week. :|

Last edited:
I remember that diagram because I didn't understand it

not that I remember everything I don't understand

that would be impossible

:hmm:

spiders apparently travel in pairs. so next time you slaughter that huntsman, dont relax until you have #2 as well.

i saw a redback marching across the kitchen floor the other day. you should have seen it. arrogant cocky thing it was. HOW DO YOU LIKE BEING CRUSHED IN THE STINKY BIN, MR REDBACK????
HMMM????

:mad:

Angela Harlem said:
spiders apparently travel in pairs. so next time you slaughter that huntsman, dont relax until you have #2 as well.

i saw a redback marching across the kitchen floor the other day. you should have seen it. arrogant cocky thing it was. HOW DO YOU LIKE BEING CRUSHED IN THE STINKY BIN, MR REDBACK????
HMMM????

:mad:

I don't mind spiders but I would totally FREAK if I saw a redback wandering around in my kitchen :crazy:

Nothing poisonous lives in England in the wild (apart from mushrooms, but they don't count), and I am very glad for that fact :up:

The initial bite of the Redback is easily dismissed. Though it is usually felt, it is not said to be painful. Some victims, however, have reported a 'burning sensation'. To add to the confusion, puncture marks are not always evident.

It is after a few minutes that the Redback bite becomes truly apparent. In most cases, intense local pain is experienced about five minutes after the bite.

The Redback Spider bite is diagnosed by localised sweating at the site of the bite. Common symptoms (about 40% of cases) include sweating, muscular weakness, paralysis, stiffness, loss of coordination and tremors. Less common symptoms (about 10% of cases) include muscular weakness, nausea, vomiting, local redness and swelling, dizziness or fainting, rapid or irregular heartbeat, insomnia, rigours, fever and muscle spasms.

A range of other unusual reactions have also been recorded: tetanic spasms (severe muscle spasms), tingling in the teeth, swelling of the tongue, infection of the bite, convulsions, thirst, diarrhoea, shock, rashes, patches of sweating and severe inflammation of the eyes. Redback venom is usually slow- acting and serious illness should not develop for at least three hours.

No specific first aid should be applied, as localising the venom may intensify the pain at the site of the bite.

The best action is to transport the person immediately and without panic to medical aid. In severe cases, antivenom will be administered to relieve the symptoms of the bite. Symptoms will generally clear within a week. However, in some cases, certain symptoms may linger for up to two months.

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

redbacks are creepy sneaky little things. and they're too black and spindly. infact their skinniness is what makes them even creepier.

little bastards!

EWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Oh gross, I absolutely hate spiders! Which is ironic, considering my ex-roomate had SIX tarantulas! He used to chase me around the apartment with them and drive me crazy! I always warned him that if any of them ever got loose they would be dead. There was no freaking way I was trying to catch a tarantula!:yuck: :madspit:

Last edited:
TWO POINTS:

theSoulfulMofo said:
so i quickly get out... and unplug the stopper... waiting for the water to drain, but anxious for the dead spider not to go down the drain because I was afraid that it might climb back up...

I want to know how ANYTHING dead has the ability to climb! :hmm:

Angela Harlem said:
hate leads to anger
anger leads to dead spiders
dead spiders lead to world peace

:hyper:

I am going to start calling people "spiders."

:hyper:

NZ Folk Song (nothing to do with ANZACs)

Am E Am
Here I am - is anyone about?
Dm Am E Am E
I'm down beside the plug-hole and I can't get out, and
Am E Am
I've been here an hour and a half.
Dm Am E Am
Can't anybody help a little spider in the bath?

C F C
I woke up feeling hungry in the middle of the night.
F C Dm E
I saw a moth go by and thought "there goes a tasty bite".
F C Dm G C
I chased it up the mirror and along the window-sill,
F C Dm E
Around behind the toothpaste tube- and then I tripped and fell, and...
Here I am ...

The sides are steep and slippery 'cause the bath has just been cleaned,
And everything is cold and wet and Avocado Green.
There's a long lumpy Loofah, some pumice in a dish,
And all I have to talk to is this purple plastic fish, and...
Here I am ...

There's no need to be scared, 'cause I won't do you any harm.
Just take me to the garden where it's nice and safe and warm,
Then put me down real gently and I'll run back home to Mother,
One leg after the other after the other after the other after the
other...
....after the other after the other after the other!! And...
Here I am ...

Can't anybody help a little spider in the bath?

Angela Harlem said:

:lol:

are they a thrash metal band iwb?
most finnish bands seem to be
:slant:

i believe they're a punk rock band, i've actually never heard them. just heard of them from a finnish punk rock guy i was talking to online once.

i've noticed that a fair amount of thrash metal comes from scandanavia...

operatic power metal gods nightwish...wait, i think they're from sweden...and i guess they might not technically be 'gods' but that is some good stuff right there.

bg where have you been all my life???
they're small black spiders with a red mark on their abdomen thingy bit. only about 2cm in size. i dont think we have black widows here.
:up:

i think it can be in itty bitty children miss bookworm of harlem.

i've also heard it's the most crippling pain in the world.

more painful even than pounding a nail into your foot.

i was going to make a really poor taste joke here but i wont.

your description sounds familiar. i think i have read about it before.

Back
Top Bottom