It's Officially #Confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Since my retreat was cancelled, two of my friends in Louisville are pooling resources and offering to pay for me to fly there if I can put up $50. I am really amazed that they would do something this nice for me because I know money is tight for them too, and I want to see them REALLY badly, but I'm just afraid of spending that much money, especially since I'll have to spend money on food and whatever else we do that weekend AND it's the weekend before Sam gets here. I could put it on my credit card but I've never had a balance on there and I don't want to start when I'm going to be unemployed in two months. I know I'm going to spend more money that I'm used to when Sam is here, even though we're going to pool resources to buy groceries and we're mostly going to be renting movies, going to the free museums, eating at Tasty Diner, and other inexpensive things. So basically I don't know. :sigh: I really want to see my friends, but I feel like it would be a bad idea to spend so much money considering how stressed I am already about money this summer and next year. I'd hate to turn my friends down, though, and make them think I don't care about seeing them. :(

Sorry....I just wanted to vent. :reject:

Last edited:
that's a tough one. i would say go for it and see your friends. you don't know when you'll see them again. and you know you'll have fun. but i do understand the monkey concerns... :(

:hug:

lol@monkey concerns...

thats a tough one to decide...i hope things work out for you meggie:hug:

omfc i can't believe i typed monkey... :eek:

i am seriously laughing my ass off right now. i am almost crying.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

*falls off chair

That may be THE best typo of all time.............:lmao:

I can understand being stressed about the money, meggie. Don't worry about your friends being mad though...just explain things to them. If they are your friends, they should understand. :hug:

LOL at monkey...

that is a very tough call...so nice of them to offer that! :)
Don't forget we have to do fun stuff when i'm there! ;) (well, that'll be very minimal funds - a necessity for me too :| ). Anyway, that's a rough decision. I do think BC's right...if you decide it's just not feasible, they should understand, considering it'd be more than just the 50 in total. It does sound like a rare opportunity though...sorry, you know i'm incapable of making a decision, so i'll just shut up. :) :hug: Either way, you are gaining something, or the chance to do something fun and valuable to you.

Back
Top Bottom