It's Officially Both Amusing and Disturbing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
So I was at the local pool hall with some friends tonight, shooting pool, having a couple beers, joking around, having a good time etc... when the waitress comes up with drinks, and one of the beers is for me, even though I didn't order another one.

At the time I didn't really think anything of it (we go there a lot and every now and then the waitresses/bartenders will give us free drinks), but later on Jen (the waitress) came up to me and said "oh, by the way, that beer is from Andrew, over by the bar in the orange shirt."

:shifty:

Yes, that's right. Not Andie as in Andie McDowell, but Andrew as in "hi, I'm Mr. Andrew and I'm very attracted to you." :crack: I only then noticed that Andrew over there had been staring at me for quite a while, and he would continue to do so for the remainder of the evening.

Needless to say my friends thought this was hilarious and suggested I play it up to see if he'd buy us all a round. But I decided I'd just ignore him, and one of my friends was good enough to be my temporary girlfriend for the night. :D

All in all, I think it's pretty funny, but at the same time disturbing, as the only stranger who ever thought I was attractive enough to buy me a drink is a guy. :scream:

This night coulda been a helluva lot more interesting if it was a girl...

Last edited:
:sexywink: :lmao:

I especially thought the part about the waitress not telling you was funny heh heh. Sorry it didn't turn out how you would have liked. Maybe next time

Nothing wrong with it.
It has happened to me - and I politely tell the guy I am not interested in guys. Women have to do that too. :shrug:

But, you'll NEVER live that down from your friends standpoint. :lol:

:laugh: What April said!!!

I'm sorry thats just TOOO funny!!! :lmao:

no wait...

I dont know whether to laugh or cry...poor Andrew.

last week I was at a cd store and the guy working there recommeded a band...Postal Service...and let me listen to it. I really liked it and bought it later on. Anyway, we got to talking about music and stuff and turns out we like a lot of the same bands.

so I just left it at that. It's not often in this town people have the same tastes as me.

so I was browsing around after that and he came up to me again...this time with his e-mail address. He suggested I e-mail him and he would make me a mixed tape of things I might like...and he suggested hanging out at his place...that's when something clued in that this might be more than I thought!!

so, anyway...I left...
it took me a week to e-mail the dude back...basically, cos I realized I have a little homophobia in me...something I thought I had gotten over. So I guess the best way to get fear out is to face it

besides, I'm just assuming he is gay...he may not be.

so I suggested we exchange mixed tapes at the record store...I still DO want to avoid going to his place, however...cos I don't like awkward or uncomfortable situations

see....
Basstrap is one of the reasons why I fear interaction with people of my own gender sometimes. If I found someone in town here (remember, I am new in town) that had similar music tastes, I might want to be friends with - I am not gay - but it is difficult to find people with similar music interests - and guys are SOOOO homophobic. Ugh.

Now I know why Basstrap hasn't responded to my PMs about bands......

hey! :angry::mad:

I'm exchanging tapes with him aren't I?? I was nice to him and talked politely and all. I'm getting better. Considering the environment I was brought up in...an environment of extreme homophobia...I think I have taken leaps and bounds in destroying the phobia. (my dad once said all gays should be put on an island and that island blown up!!!)

I don't recall those PM's though,

I'll go check

Back
Top Bottom