It's officially a question...does soda ever go bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
You know how they have the expiration date on soda now, and years ago they didn't used to...so I was just wondering if soda ever really goes bad?

I bought a bottle of Pepsi at the corner convenience store last night. They didn't have any in the cooler except diet, so I ask the cashier if they had any of the big bottles of the regular. The cashier goes to look in the back and comes back up to the cashier with a big bottle of Pepsi. I brought it home and drank some of it today and was :happy: Until...I went to get a refill when I noticed on the bottle top that the epiration date was April 28 :uhoh: :shifty:

It still tasted ok so I was just wondering if it really ever goes bad? I probably should have taken it back to the convenience store and gotten my money back, but I bought it last night and...but I've already drank like half of it. They shouldn't have even sold it to me with a past due expiration date on it. :mad: :shrug:

nbcrusader said:
Diet sodas will get a funny taste after the expiration date. Expired Diet Coke is particularly nasty. :barf:

:barf: diet sodas taste funny even before the expiration date which is why I don't drink them

LOL...what usually happens to them is that they have a tendency to go flat. You're fine health-wise.

Melon

melon said:
LOL...what usually happens to them is that they have a tendency to go flat. You're fine health-wise.

Melon

:yes:

and i think diet soda tastes funky too

anything with nutra-sweet is absolutely disgusting, and I've found diet coke to be the worse of the diet sodas, I can't even gag one of those down.

i've done that before...post in the wrong thread about a totally different subject:uhoh:

~Random Thing I Learned In Life~

A half bottle of Mountain Dew that has been sitting in the backseat of a car for an entire summer doesn't taste good.

We were really thirsty and had nothing else.

But still...

yeah, it was pictures meant for a larry thread in pleba :uhoh:. I'm just glad that I caught it immediately.

Last edited:
The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Does chocolate ever go bad? :huh:
i don't know, but i know it gets an odd taste when it gets that light brown stuff on it. this occurs in a couple months.

i know water can go bad! eww!! i left a water bottle in my backpack, which spent most of its time in the backseat of my hot car. it got white stuff floating in it and reeked. it smelled more like rotten milk than anything else, that's the best way i can describe it. i was soooo thankful i had a strong sense of smell THAT day, cuz i don't know what that water would've done to me!

Back
Top Bottom