It's Officially a housing poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whatever shall I do?

• Move in with the girl - she can't be THAT bad.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Take your chances with a new random roommate, even though these people have been rejected 2 differen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Consolidate. Get a job and pay the extra money. You know you want to.

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My roommate moved out over finals week, and as of yet I've got no roommate. I have a few choices for next semester. I'm having problems deciding, because both sides have good arguements for and against them. My choices:
I can consolidate my now single dorm room and live alone, assuring that most of my friends will be in my room all the time, which is ok.

OR I can move in with this girl down the hall, and pay regular dorm fees for next semester. (Girl bio: she's from Wyoming {read: she's NEVER going to be gone on a weekend}, she's a MORNING person {I'm a morning person in the sense that I'm awake at 2 am}, and she keeps her room really really really clean {:ohmy:}).

Here's the facts:

pro:
  • no roommate to keep up late at night or to yell at in the mornings
  • I'd have a lot of space, and an extra bed in my room
  • I wouldn't have the chance (which is extremely high) of getting a super-duper shitty new roommate and being stuck with her all semester.

con:
  • it costs $200

So? Should I move in with the girl? Should I take my chances getting a random roommate? Or should I consolidate and have my own dormroom next semester?

When I was at uni, my roommate was horrendous. I think we may very well have killed each other, had she not moved out.

I loved having my own room...I don't think I could have roomed with somebody.

Nobody wanted to anyway...since I was the "crazy girl at the end of the hall"...

i miss the internet

Kat, lemme throw this at ya:

My boyfriend is only $200 away. So what I spend on next semester could be saved and spent on a trip to see him. :sexywink:

Although...:hmm: he IS coming to see me for a week, and if I had my own room it'd be FAR more convenient.....{HONK}

Yeah, there's uhh that angle too.

I had the roommate from hell back in college...I swore after that that I would never again have a roommate...even though we had different schedules and didn't see eachother that often, she'd still have loud music going till 3 or 4 am (I went to school in the mornings, she went to school in the evenings) and there wasn't anything management could do about it since she lived with me (we lived in an apartment, not a dorm).

I'd say no roommate :yes:

Re: i miss the internet

Lilly said:
Kat, lemme throw this at ya:

My boyfriend is only $200 away. So what I spend on next semester could be saved and spent on a trip to see him. :sexywink:

Although...:hmm: he IS coming to see me for a week, and if I had my own room it'd be FAR more convenient.....{HONK}

Yeah, there's uhh that angle too.

:lmao:

I've got some money saved in the bank...really tempted to hop a plane to Virginia to see John...but I don't know when I'm gonna get a job, so I get nervous spending too much money. :sigh:

I still say pay extra for a room...it's worth it. You've heard my roommate stories...

My opinion as an old person

I am a money saver type person. I'd get a roomie. If the girl down the hall is okay, then I'd pick her instead of some unknown person.

I had pretty good luck with college roomies...only had one bad one and she quit school after only about 2 months. We had had 3 people in our room so when she left it was just the 2 of us. They didn't charge us any extra, though. (Lucky for us)

I always had a roommate all through college. I don't think I would have liked living alone. But that's just me. Everyone is different. maybe people were more normal when i was in school. :lol:

Last edited:
i miss you too wifey.

I'm still unsure....I think I'll consolidate, but now I'm going to not be unsocial and be with my inter-real life friends....tiff is trying to strangle me. :love:

I had my own room for 1/3 of my time at college, and loved it. It was always stressful for me to have a roommate because I NEED time alone and like my room a certain way. I think it's worth the extra money to save yourself the stress of having a roommate you don't get along with that well.

How much was it costing you before? I never dormed in collage so how often do you pay? Do you pay by the semester?

meegannie said:
I think it's worth the extra money to save yourself the stress of having a roommate you don't get along with that well.

I strongly agree.

meegannie said:
I miss having two beds, actually. I used to nap in one and sleep in the other. :huh:

After my roomie moved out, I turned out bunkbeds into an elaborate fort. It was really cool!!!!

Good thing I was finally able to sleep in bottom bunk too because sometimes I roll out of bed and fall on the floor.

:wave: just wanted to update this and say that i didn't consolidate, nor did i move in with the early riser, i got a new roommate altogether and she is AWESOME!

yep.

Lilly said:
:wave: just wanted to update this and say that i didn't consolidate, nor did i move in with the early riser, i got a new roommate altogether and she is AWESOME!

yep.

Glad it worked out!

Can I be her friend too? What's her name? What are her hobbies?? Does she like U2?? Does she dip her French fries in pudding???

originally posted by nosey mcnoseCan I be her friend too? What's her name? What are her hobbies?? Does she like U2?? Does she dip her French fries in pudding???

sure, i'm not telling everyone, she likes to swim, not particularly, no.

I resent the "nosey mcnose" part. :mad: I'm just curious!

Curiosity did kill the Kat though, didn't it?

We can only hope. :shifty:

Being a vet of a CRAZY MOFUCKIN roommate my freshman year I have to tell you to get your own damn room. Especially if you havea boyfriend coming. When my boyfriend came to visit me for my spring break she was there almost the whole time. It was like don't you have friends you can go stay with - oh yeah you don't.

You know you want your own room anyway. Admit it.

I'm a solidary type....I like alone time...I would NEVER be able to live in the same room with a stranger in university!

dorm = *shudder*

noiti - i don't have a boyfriend anymore. so no worries about that. and i moved in with a girl that's cool, so it's chill.

and gheto, i pay about $800 for a dorm room (includes ethernet, cable, heat, electricity, air conditioning etc) and it's split between 2 semesters, at the beginning i pay $400 and as the second semester starts i pay $400.

I only had a roommate my freshman year and had a single the rest of it. Singles are MUCH better. Can stay up as late as I want (with the lights on), can play whatever music I want, don't have to worry about waking anybody up if I come back late...

Back
Top Bottom