It's Officially #2.7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
One week from today it will have been two years since I graduated from college. :crack:

I feel too old to be going back to grad school. :uhoh: I'm a lot dumber than I was two years ago, and I've never been anything other than the youngest (both in school and at work). :reject:

on june 2 it will be a year since i graduated high school. :|

i'm glad you're going to grad school! it's a big step and it's a lot of work, but i know you can handle it and you're going to love it!

don't feel bad...it's been a 2 years since I've been in college and I havent even graduated yet. :shrug:

I forgot to mention this, but a couple years ago I took an astronomy class, Physics 1411 and 1412 (just for fun...yeah I know I'm weird :wink: )

I'd only been to The Art Institute for my college education, a 2 year school, and had graduated from that back in '90...something like 10 years before. I'd never taken any kind of college math courses or physics courses, and felt really inadequate in that area, and the highest math course I ever managed in High School was Geometry, and I barely passed that. But still I managed to pass both physics classes, the first with an A, and the second semester with a high B! :happy: and I'm 33 years old :lol:

I'm sure you'll do fine meggie! :hug:

Last edited:
Oh please. I'm 22, and, by far, the youngest person at my grad school. You would be silly to think that you are too old. I would say that most grad students I've met worked a year or two before going.

Melon

Well, you're never too old to learn, right? And I doubt you'll be any older than most graduate students...at my college most people doing MAs/PhDs are at least 23 or 24 years old and quite a lot are older than that.

you will still be among the youngest. Believe me. Most people don't go to grad school until their late twenties. That seems to be the norm here.

melon said:
Oh please. I'm 22, and, by far, the youngest person at my grad school. You would be silly to think that you are too old. I would say that most grad students I've met worked a year or two before going.

Melon

True. We have 5 grad schools on my campus and I would say that their median ages are 25-30.

I talked to a few people I know who are graduating this year, and they're going into the workforce or travelling before grad school. My sister is actually going straight into grad school, she's going in Connecticut so my mom, my sister, and I are going to "visit" her "school" - and by that we mean that it's conveniently located near New York City, and therefore have to go :D

ihatemycomputerihatemycomputerihatemycomptuer

2 years off is a perfect amount of time, trust me. You'll get back into the swing of things so easily, and be laughing SO hard at the people who just went directly into grad school from uni. Not that that's bad, but there is SUCH a difference in levels of maturity and just....general understanding that exists - two years of work experience makes a world of difference. A lot of the people that I'm in school with here that went directly into grad school just seem very...naive, i guess - I don't mean that meanly, but it's true. And they all complain when jobs want 'work experience' and they have none...but you will! :D

You have experience, you have understanding of the world that people who didnt take time out dont have. You are the most intelligent person i know. Dont worry. You will be fine :)

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom