It's Officially #2:30pm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I have class at 2:30pm.

I went to my professor's office.

She says it's 2:15pm.

I have 15 minutes to waste.

Hello.

I SHOULD be, but it's still not 2:30 on her watch. I'm going up there now. I'm going to be early, but oh well.

webdings!

ha!

caught you!!!! :mad: :D !!!!!!!

hihihihi

it is 2.30am here.
i have no class
and need new shoes.

:(

i dont really need new shoes.
i am immelda's twin.
yesh!

I just had ultimo cine class, someone fobbed me off and I ended up there without having a say in it, the Spaniard who takes it says uhm and da jrunk ones a lot

Then I had French grammar class I looked at the rain outside it was raining a lot I also wrote some things down about pronouns and other thing sbeginning with an i - it made no sense to me

I am meeting my friend for lunch in 50 minutes so she told me to use the internet to waste time :up:

AralitaMullens.......

Can you translate please! :D

I think there a few of us here lost to what your previous post is about!

me reading the above post ----> :huh:

Do you not have the saying 'fobbed off' in the US??

I dont' really know how to describe what it means...erm....

for example, I did a search on google and came up with this news story:

"Marijuana smoker fobbed off with cabbage

A Belgian who was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana was released after police found he'd been fobbed off with cabbage."

:lol::lol::lol:

Also found this here http://www.bartleby.com/68/70/2570.html:

"Foist combines with the prepositions on, off on, upon, and off, meaning ?to pass off as something else, to introduce sneakily? and ?to pass off as true what is false,? as in She foisted some excellent forgeries of Impressionist paintings on [off on, upon] the galleries that year. Fob off means essentially the same thing, ?to pass off something fake as genuine? (He was trying to fob off some fool?s gold as gold), ?to deceive by means of a trick? (She succeeded in fobbing her customers off onto a much more expensive appliance than the one advertised; She succeeded in fobbing it off onto her customers), and ?to put off or avoid what is not welcome,? as in When we called again, they fobbed us off with some excuse or other."

Anyway....I didn't really understand AralitaMullen's post either :huh:

Last edited:
bammo2 said:
Do you not have the saying 'fobbed off' in the US??

I dont' really know how to describe what it means...erm....

for example, I did a search on google and came up with this news story:

"Marijuana smoker fobbed off with cabbage

A Belgian who was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana was released after police found he'd been fobbed off with cabbage."

:lol::lol::lol:

Also found this here http://www.bartleby.com/68/70/2570.html:

"Foist combines with the prepositions on, off on, upon, and off, meaning ?to pass off as something else, to introduce sneakily? and ?to pass off as true what is false,? as in She foisted some excellent forgeries of Impressionist paintings on [off on, upon] the galleries that year. Fob off means essentially the same thing, ?to pass off something fake as genuine? (He was trying to fob off some fool?s gold as gold), ?to deceive by means of a trick? (She succeeded in fobbing her customers off onto a much more expensive appliance than the one advertised; She succeeded in fobbing it off onto her customers), and ?to put off or avoid what is not welcome,? as in When we called again, they fobbed us off with some excuse or other."

Anyway....I didn't really understand AralitaMullen's post either :huh:

My day made no sense to me

I did a mini module in Spanish last semester on Picasso this semester we were all chucked into a class about Spanish Cinema and the guy can't speak englihs I thought we were studying juvenile delinquents and I whispered to my friend why he kept talking about the jrunk people (I thought he was trying to say drunk) but she said it was young people.

Then I went to French

Then I went for lunch

Everyone says fobbed off - its not dirty :hmm:

It means....uhm......to be tricked into something!!! :up:

Democratic Presidential hopeful Howard Dean was speaking to a crowd yesterday, and attacked Bush for what he'd done to nosotros ingresos.

That is, to "us incomes."

:ohmy:

Have a bratwurst
bratwurst.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom