Its Official#You thought your computer had problems!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
Its Official#You thoought your computer had problems!

Man walks into a bar, kills computer
LAFAYETTE, Colo. ? George Doughty won't have any more problems with his computer. But the computer will never work again either.

Doughty was accused Sunday of shooting his Dell laptop four times with a Smith & Wesson revolver in the middle of his Sportsman's Inn Bar and Restaurant.

He then allegedly hung the destroyed laptop on the wall "like a hunting trophy," said Lt. Rick Bashor of the Lafayette Police Department.

Doughty, 48, who owns the establishment, entered the bar from his office on Sunday morning. He told the two patrons and bartender that he was going to shoot his computer before returning to his office. Some 30 minutes later, police said, Doughty set his laptop on the floor, warned the customers to cover their ears and fired away. No one was injured.

Police learned of the shooting when an employee of the bar called the bartender to ask if there was anything going on. The bartender then told her about the incident and she notified authorities, Bashor said.

Doughty never explained what prompted his actions, but told police that it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

Because Doughty is accused of putting the customers and bartender in danger, he was arrested on suspicion of felony menacing, reckless endangerment and the prohibited use of weapons.

http://www.courttv.com/people/scm/030603_ctv.html

:der:

Why in the world did a window pop up asking me if I wanted to add a .NET passport account to Windows XP just as I was reading this thread?

*considers shooting computer*

*hugs monitor instead*

irelandwhispers said:
Why in the world did a window pop up asking me if I wanted to add a .NET passport account to Windows XP just as I was reading this thread?

Give me a screenshot of the window, and I can tell you how to get rid of it maybe.

Melon

:lmao: That rules.
I usually close my eyes and picture it smashing into bits against the wall when I get annoyed. :reject: That will only work for so long though, I bet... :shifty:

melon said:

Give me a screenshot of the window, and I can tell you how to get rid of it maybe.

Melon

Hmmm...I can try that if it comes up again...it did a few minutes ago...

I already have a .NET passport.

:crack:

Better not be a virus.

I just watched The Matrix again. Technology is evil.

Here ya go, Melon...don't know if you can help me any. I'm sure I could take care of it if I played around with my computer long enough.

3375256723232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3B58%3D%3A36%3Dxroqdf%3E2323393929%3A%3A7ot1lsi

Do you have MSN Messenger? If so, what version? My guess is that it is MSN Messenger that is causing problems. If you don't use it, perhaps try uninstalling it.

Also, what Windows version are you running?

Melon

melon said:
Do you have MSN Messenger? If so, what version? My guess is that it is MSN Messenger that is causing problems. If you don't use it, perhaps try uninstalling it.

Also, what Windows version are you running?

Melon

I don't have MSN Messenger. That window only seems to pop up when I'm using these forums. :shrug:

The version is XP.

I'm going to try rebooting...haven't done that for a while... :reject:

Webshots is my most recent install, but I don't see any connection between Webshots and MSN, so that probably isn't it.

Hmmm...while I'm at it, any clue what nwiz.exe is and why it always tries to start itself but fails each time I turn on my computer?

:hmm: The .NET wizard isn't popping up anymore since I rebooted. Computers are weird. But I love them.

I went to the .NET homepage and apparently only XP has this wizard. It didn't give me any info about how to keep the wizard from popping up though.

Last edited:
*Loading gun* I haven't been able to download any music since the Pavarotti & Bono, friends concert. I can play cd's but everything I try to download says "downloading" then ' Done, then nothing??? I did get to see the MP3 of One and Ave Marie, but nothing since. This is seriously pissing me off.

Back
Top Bottom