IT'S OFFICIAL # Yay I dont have to go to work tomorrow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've been called to jury duty once. i didn't get chosen but i got to go with a group and go into the court room. it was a capital murder trial. we had to answer a 100 or so questions. i'm glad i didn't get picked for that one!

Last edited:
I dont think you get paid for the first day :| And its $5 here :mad: :sad:

Maybe I'll run into Scott Peterson.......... :hmm:

i have only gotten notice once, but didn't have to go because of school. If I ever had to go, I would put really crazy answers on my questionaire so that they would never in a million years pick me :up:.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
i have only gotten notice once, but didn't have to go because of school. If I ever had to go, I would put really crazy answers on my questionaire so that they would never in a million years pick me :up:.

Here, even if you have classes at university you have to miss them to do jury duty.

*moves to the Netherlands*

Wait, you must have trials.. where do they get the jury? :eyebrow:

Well I am a Legal Assistant, I cant see how I would be picked.

I'm gonna write all kinds of crazy stuff on my questionaire :mac:

Sicy said:
Well I am a Legal Assistant, I cant see how I would be picked.

I'm gonna write all kinds of crazy stuff on my questionaire :mac:

:up:

I have no chance in a trial since the matter is always Civil or Criminal...my former law enforcement experience keeps me out of the Criminal and since I work for the Insurance companies, the plaintiff sure as hell doesn't want me either!!!

:)

No money for the first day :| $15 each day after.

God please let me goooooo :scream:

bonosgirl84 said:
lol, sicy.

are you posting from the courthouse?

I was indeed :sexywink:

So they actually called me into the courtroom.. it was a murder trial :crack: Then they wanted everyone to leave and come back tomorrow for jury screening. I stayed behind and filled out a financial hardship form... I was excused :wink:

Rono said:

Well yes, instead of having 12 normal people decide your fate, you only have one judge.. I would imagine that's kind of rough on the person being tried :shrug:

Sicy said:

Well yes, instead of having 12 normal people decide your fate, you only have one judge.. I would imagine that's kind of rough on the person being tried :shrug:
Well, if you can find 12 normal people i would agree with you. I rather be judged by someone who had learned for it then by people who don`t want to be jury anyway.

i've never been picked for jury duty. and i'm within walking (not that i'd walk) distance to the courts. but they really need to consider upping the amount paid for jury duty. that's less than anyone would or could earn at a job...how can they consider it fair compensation? i've never seen an employer who'll pay you while you're at jury duty.

I've only been on a jury once ... and the case did go to trial ... and we did have to decide on a verdict.

I have to say, the whole process was fascinating. Yes, it's inconvenient and there's a lot of waiting around, but it gives you a whole new perspective on the justice system. I highly recommend the experience.

Back
Top Bottom