It's Official WTF is wrong with me???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
As expected, I got a rejection letter for the scholarship I applied for last month. I wasn't at all surprised, but then I read the line, "We received 95 applications this year and 20 of those applicants were chosen to be interviewed." Twenty out of ninety-five is a HELL of a lot. :yell: How much do I suck if I can't even be in the top twenty??? I honestly don't know what's wrong with my resume or my academic qualifications. Why did I go/am I going through so much shit if I'm going to have to pay for everything and be hundreds of thousands of dollars for the rest of my life anyway? Time and time again, effort gets me nowhere. :sad: I have absolutely nothing going for me. I used to think that since I'm not pretty or interesting, at least I'm semi-intelligent, but in the past few years I've really begun to question even that, and even if I were at all, it sure as hell hasn't helped me any.

MEH. :|

Oh meggy.. I'm sorry. :sad: They are on crack :angry: You are very smart. Please dont say you have nothing going for you. And have you looked in a mirror lately?? You're gorgeous.

I don't think 20 out of 95 is a lot! :hug:

Good things are comin' your way, girl...sometimes they just take a little longer to arrive......

:hug: meggy

nothing's wrong with you :yes:

penguin.gif

im so sorry meggy:(

like sicy said, those admissions people are the ones on crack. there's nothing wrong with you. your smart, and pretty. don't ever doubt yourself :hug:

Meggy, :sad: :hug:

I'm sorry...
but I know that's not good enough
to correct when people have done
what they shouldn't've.

Hang on tight, girl. There's a door just waiting to be opened around the corner from you.

after thorough examinations I have come to the conclusion we all rule

try to put on a smile and show them bastards

Thanks. :)

It's just not fun because if I'd gotten a scholarship, I could move to England a few months early and work or something until my program starts. Now I have to wait until September and I'm having a really, really hard time living here because I know no one and it sucks.

And today at work someone asked me if I was crying. I wasn't, and this time I was even wearing makeup, so what the hell is so wrong with my face that my eyes look like shit all the time and people keep asking me why I'm crying?? This is why I never want to leave my house. :sad: :mad: :|

what makes you think you are to blame for any of this?

First I don't think 20 out of 95 is a lot.

Second, I don't think making it or not into some classification's top-whatever-number qualifies sucking.

What do you mean you have nothing going for you? You're going to England, right? Well, that's a whole lot more than nothing if you ask me.

I'm not sure I ever saw a pic of you, but I'm sure you're pretty and intelligent.

Not interesting? I don't think so - just remember all the penguin talk. :D

So....to answer the title of this thread and again in your last post: NOTHING.

You have a lot going for you Megan..you have a great target to aim for and something to really look forward to. Its a great position to be in having these possibilities ahead of you~~and I don't see 20 out of 95 as a high proportion either

good people with good effort go somewhere

a year ago i didn't have much of a career.

but then i got my break--prestigous student position within the government.

it was great. they had to let me go but it worked-i got the reference and now i have an even cooler job.

it happens for everyone. you have to believe that. everyone gets their break.

Back
Top Bottom