It's Official #word limits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you have to wonder if they have trust or if they do in fact count each and every word..i took my chances a few times during college :ohmy:

I don't know whether the title counts or not. I know the footnotes do, which is bad since that's 100 words gone. :down:

I just hate that someone could write utter shit and get a better grade than me because their essay was 1500 words and mine was 1550. :rolleyes:

I used to hate word limits as much as you Megan..however much it did prove confining at the time I used to appreciate that it forced me to be far more selective and sparing in what I was writing...and learning to say what needed to be said in half the content which is one of the primary reasons why they are implemented in the first place. They are very frustrating but everyone has the same limitation.

I believe there is usually a 5-10% under and over-limit before they become concerned with an essay's content as well.

1%??? :shocked:

as far as I'm aware, titles don't count, and neither do quotes and the citations that go with the quotes

Does that make sense? I don't know if citation is the right word.........

Ive spent all weekend trying to write one of my essays. It's about internal communication at the company I work at and it's driving me insane :crack:

I have a 2000 word essay due in apaprently we can go over but not under the limit I think we can go over by about 100 or so words

I havent started it yet :crack:

I have anohter 2000 word essay titles to get this week too and a presentation to do and then lecture notes to copy up and then books to read and 2 assessed pieces to do and then prepare for a my spanish class and social anthro tutorial and loads of other stuff - i think i will be living in the lib this week and all of nect week which is reading week and means I have no french or spanish classes :heart:

(I am going to Dublin though during that week (I should be studying) with my friends hehe.... :shifty: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom