Its official # whothehellknowsanymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali Rose

New Yorker
:crack: :crazy:

My flights in 6 hours. Crikey. OK everyone come tell me I'm being a total crack head for even being the least bit nervous....

ZONEY IS PUSHING OFF MY PLANE!!!!! :hyper: that makes me feel better.

I :heart: having friends at the airport.

i will kill brains.

best of times to you all, ali, larrymullen. have fun, and kiss.

:sexywink:

psssst -

I had one of my able-bodied co-workers push back the plane (my supervisory skills were needed at the planes next door going to Flint and Des Moines).

But I made sure they did a good job.

I also gave Tiff a nice American Cowboy magazine to read (actually, I gave it to the flight attendants, who would give it to tiff).

Fun fun.

the trick is to close your eyes and pretend you're in a speed boat

i wasnt leaving though

i just got off an air plane.

im getting on another one tommorow night.

______________:slant:_________________
___________:slant:____:slant:_____________
_________:slant:________:slant:___________
________:slant:__________:slant:__________
______:slant:_____________:slant:_________
_____ottawa________calgary________

wee!

How much does 70lbs weigh?

Like could I pick that up?

I'm afraid my England luggage will be too heavy.

And I'll have to bring two suitcases.

For 12 days.

:reject:

how many KG is 70 lbs

:mad: Bonochick - there are people who do have to pick up those bags though.

Meeeeeggggggggaaaaaannnnnnie - 70 #'s is pretty heavy. Don't wory too much about it. I have been told that the Japanese people who fly on our flights wet down there clothing to fit more in the suitcases....I would not suggest this though.

Question...and not to be a jerk, but why is it that the smallest people in the world traditionally (Asians) need the biggest bags? You can fit a whole family in the bags that they have.

the Dutch are tall people, and their bags are never as heavy.

hmmmm.
:endofrant:

My carry-on can only way 13lbs! :eek:

I'm checking two bags. I'm going to look like I'm moving in, but at least I can bring a lot back. Like small people. :mac:

BA rant

i got charged 150 pounds in excess baggage on my way home from London last year. :shocked:

Zoney matey...here is my complaint. It was BA that charged me, and I found that the airlines are completely inconsistent.
Last year, I flew from Sydney to London, London to Dublin, Dublin To Roma, Rome to London, and then the last journey was London to Sydney.
Now, I have no problem with keeping my baggage weight down, I understand the rules. But not ONE of those other airlines told me I was anywhere near over weight, not one warning ever. They let me through everytime so I didnt think I had any problems. Then on my last flight I get to bloody Heathrow to be told by BAbastards that I owe them that much money!

I know for a fact that I would have been over the weight limit from probably Dublin onwards because i didnt actually buy anything extra in that last part of my trip. the majority of spending was sone in Dublin and Italy so therefore, thats when my baggage got hefty.
I just think the airlines shouldn't be letting people through, if other airlines arent going to be so kind and give us a rude shock on our journey home!
Baaaaaaaaaaaa BAAA

I hate how the baggage allowances vary SO drastically from airline to airline. Apparently I can't take a purse on my flight next weekend without it counting as my carry-on. :mad: I have one of those huge wheely standy-uppy suitcasey things and it's pretty heavy empty, so I'm bringing two bags just to be safe.

Not only are the airline inconsistent - but it depends on who is checking you in. If they are not nice, or have some incentive to charge you extra, they will.

I know Northwest just changed their policy (which I guess is our policy then).

When we load our planes - we count normal bags, then heavy weight bags. For the smaller planes - it often means a lot. We count a standard bag as 28 pounds. We bag count, and then they ballpark the wieght with the 28 pound figure. This will figure into the take-off weight of the plane, and even hopw much fuel the plane can take on.

Enought of this talk - I just had the craziest ten hours of work ever. No more than 20 minutes of break in ten hours.

:yawn:

Back
Top Bottom