It's Official - What's In Salome's Eye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Eyeball jewelry new fashion trend

AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands (Reuters) -- Body piercing and tattoos make way. The latest fashion trend to hit the Netherlands is eyeball jewelry.

Dutch eye surgeons have implanted tiny pieces of jewelry called "JewelEye" in the mucous membrane of the eyes of six women and one man in cosmetic surgery pioneered by an ophthalmic surgery research and development institute in Rotterdam.

The procedure involves inserting a 3.5 mm (0.13 inch) wide piece of specially developed jewelry -- the range includes a glittering half-moon or heart -- into the eye's mucous membrane under local anesthetic at a cost of 500 to 1,000 euros ($600 to $1,200).

"In my view it is a little more subtle than (body) piercing. It is a bit of a fun thing and a very personal thing for people," said Gerrit Melles, director of the Netherlands Institute for Innovative Ocular Surgery.

Those weird dutch folk :shifty:
I think it is digusting, the thought of it gives me the creeps. :down:

I think his favourite things are beer, sleeping and eating, and thinking/ talking about beer, sleeping and eating.
:up:

Think how many times he could get himself drunk with that amount of money.
I think its expensive. :crack:
And the thought of having something in your eye like that :ohmy: :yikes:

:hmm:
I still dont think he'd get it done, earlier he displayed his dislike for this jewellery.
Although if you brought lots of beer into the equation, I think he would do it. :up: :hmm:

beli said:
I think Salome would probably prefer Steve glistening out of his eye :sexywink:
:drool:

jewellery like that would only take away from the natural beauty of my eyes

beer & eating :drool:

sheeping :love:

= good thread :up:

:yikes:
^^^ smiley where eyeball-jewelry went wrong.

:|

Marty (is too sleepy to keep his eyes open long enough for the procedure)

:yikes: @ eyeball jewelry...no one is touching my eyes!

eyeball jewelry? gah! sounds too painful and like your eye might get infected or something...i can't believe people are actually doing that! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom