It's Official: What have you dabbled in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
I just read a whole thread dedicated to the possibility of U2 doing drugs. It was real interesting. Anyways, I thought we should admit to what we have done/do. I'm pretty clean. However, I have used alcohol on more than one occassion to drown out my sorrows. Hell, I passed out three straight nights in Paris....anyways, I have also smoked weed/hash etc. I've also had absynthe (sp), which is really just trippy alcohol.
I'm a chicken I suppose because E, acid, coke (nearly typed cock...hmm, darn freud) and heroin all sound kinda scary.

Drugs, let's see...
Tons of caffeine
Tons of over the counter drugs during my life
Tons of prescription drugs when I'm sick
Tried nicotine, definitely drink alcohol sometimes
Prefer weed, lots during college, maybe twice a month now.
Once or twice a year shrooms are genious
Tried coke once

How can we accept prescription drugs, which IMO wreck our internal chemistry--people are pumped full of ritalyn or prozac or vioxx, which killed its users, while other drugs (namely weed) stay illegal... Seems like doublethink.

bonosgirl84 said:
don't encourage them, doozer. :mad:

hi bg! :flirt: haven't seen you around much.

okay, kids, don't try pot! all it does is put you in slow motion and its not good for you at all. :shame: and it has been at least 8 years since i have done anything illegal.

i am on so many prescription drugs i don't have time for illegal ones!

Last edited:
I don't touch anything now really

but back in the day I used to be a big weed fan. but not as big a fan as I was of speed. I loved the stuff. maybe twice a week for a few years....:hmm:

anyway I realised it was making me feel like shit so I haven't gone near it since, and wouldn't consider going anywhere near it again. It's not big, it's not clever and it's not funny :down:

Oh, and I smoked cigarettes for 12 years, but I quit this last new year and haven't even had one drag since :happy:

All I do now is get a bit pissed. and often.

Um, caffeine? And alcohol in Greece, only been drunk once. Other than that, it was 2 glasses of wine in the company of Academics at a conference in New Hampshire. Not exactly scandalous.

My friend gave me some caffeine pills once. I was nuts. :hyper: Never gonna do that again, fuck speed or anything illegal. :no:

Never smoked weed, have a lot of stoner friends though. Any harder drugs, absolutely not. So I'm pretty much straight-laced, but I like my wine (not to get drunk, though)

Alcohol
Cigarettes
Pot
Speed
Coke
Shrooms
Acid
E

:yikes:

But I dont do that stuff anymore.. just maybe two of them.. :shifty: :angel:

UnforgettableLemon said:

That reminds me of a good song :hmm:

and very bad cover by Rod Stewart :no:

I was also reminded of it. :up:

P.s. I did not dabble with cigarettes for a very long time and I was quite young back in those days. :up:

Maybe I should clarify that my list is only a list of things I have *tried* not actively participated in. I sound like a total drugee :slant:
Times were shit back in the day.

I need to quit smoking but I just dont know how. I enjoy it too much and you have to want to quit to make it work.

When I was in high school, remember this was "back in the day" I tried peyote with some friends. I decided I didn't like anything where I had to throw up everytime I used it. I did pot and acid in college. This was of course during the peace, love, and tye die era.:wink:

I am on the straight and narrow. :wink:

However, I was sick enough once that for a few days, I was heavily medicated with high dosages of morphine. Physiologically it's as close to heroin as you can get. And I came out understanding the appeal of it.

Cannabis
Psilocybin
LSD
LSA :
DMT: :yikes:
Opium (and various natural and sythetic variants)
Nicotiana rustica (Shamanic Tobacco)
Salvinorin A :yikes:
Caffeine
Peyote
Kavalactones
Ayahuasca
Mitragynine (Kratom)
Benzodiazapines (Most variants)
Alcohol
Absinthe (Artemisia absinthium)
Sinicuichi
Leonotis leonurus
Nymphaea caerulea (Blue Lotus)
Calea zacatechichi (Dream herb)

Actually, I'm starting to get into the enthobotanicals which are far too many to list. Entheology is a passionate hobby of mine.

I guess there is also a slew of medically administered pharmaceuticals that I have experienced while in the hospital that were pretty wild: a short-term amnesiac, and digoxin (which stops your heart and breathing for a few moments)

Back
Top Bottom