It's Official# what burns you out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
what are those things in life that when you think about them your brain wants to implode?

Like, I was listening to the F lips the other day...
"do you realize that everyone you know someday will die"

everyone who is here on the is earth now will someday be dead

it's an odd thing to think on.
We're unfortunately going to live to see U2 all die, perhaps...

death is just a weird thing

------

and don't even get me started on the universe and time and space....I could look at the sky forever at night...just thinking of what is out there that I will never know.

Did you know that if you took ANY river...divided the actual length of it by the length it would have if it went perfectly straight...it always works out to pi?
isn't that insane? there's so much more going on here...everything seems to be somehow connected

gah!
And imagine if we could actually use more than 10 or 15% of our brain capacity! what would we be capable of?

life is insane...it's a huge insane mystery and that's what makes it so beautiful!

and I'm not on anything :angry:
I swear!

what might have been...if i had done one thing differently - even something tiny...how different a life i could've had (although i'm pretty happy with how it's worked out), so...on the happier side of things, what i could've missed out on, had I done anything differently...
:scratch:

oh, and that whole thing with rivers and pi went straight over my head... :reject: mathy stuff :mad:

*my inner monologue just shouted 'it's bloody amazing' - England's definitely gotten to me... :laugh:

I am :hug:

I'm just in one of those "i feel small in this crazy big inexplicable universe" moods

and how about the old paradox...the very thing we need to live - oxygen - is the very thing that is killing us everyday! (oxygenation of our cell membranes)

What burns me out? :hmm: that's pretty easy these days:

no job=no money and that sucks because I have a car, student loans, and tons of other crap to pay for. I never thought 3 months ago I would still be unemployed now. So sitting at home not being able to find a job and watching life pass by me because I can't do anything because I have no money burns me out. :sigh:

Thinking about things I have no control over, like death, don't stress me out because there's nothing I can do to change that so I just don't think about it.

Basstrap said:
and don't even get me started on the universe and time and space....I could look at the sky forever at night...just thinking of what is out there that I will never know.

That's my first answer! :lol: The one thing that always gives me a brain cramp, as I have mentioned before, is when I think of the size of the universe, and what, if anything lies beyond it, and how far does that go if there is anything beyond it, and if there is only nothing beyond it, then how far can nothing go on, and what is infinity :crack:

also math. I hate math :banghead:

and of course having no money living paycheck to paycheck :|

God...what bums me out? Everything. Is life meant to be this totally fucked up?

I'm so bored to tears with life. The only thing I look forward to these days is sleep...

Melon

the whole death thing does it and also bouts of depression that swing in every other day or so. :|

Oh also that my brother thinks that I have a horrible life!! *he recently dumped/got dumped by his girl and was thinking about how lonely he will be w/o her and then said that*

:shrug:

Another thing I'm tired of is the fact that all the mystery of life has been sucked out of me. I'm too rational and calculated to enjoy the beauty of irrationality and chaos.

God...even this post is too "rational" and "calculated" (argh...and I even went back in to put the " "). :huh:

Melon

melon said:
Another thing I'm tired of is the fact that all the mystery of life has been sucked out of me. I'm too rational and calculated to enjoy the beauty of irrationality and chaos.

i've gotten this way too (doubly sick in reference to my relative youngness). i haven't thought deeply about things since my junior year soo *quick math* 3 years ago :huh: i'm trying really hard to get back into the swing of things with philosophy and beliefs. but i've had so many life experiences since i was 16 that it makes it hard for me to believe in lofty things or even have time to care for thinking about them anymore. :sigh:

one thing that really burns me out is birth. pregnancy and birth to be precise. the thought that a little human being could potentially grow inside of me and i could birth it and love it so much....it just blows my mind! like - pregnant women - they have a baby in them! a human being! it's so amazing!

i must say that i'm so bummed out right now that i haven't the desire to even capitalize. i really have nothing more to say right now in interland, so i think it is a good cue for me to lurk for a little while. i think i post here too much, and my fym posts have been a little on the belligerent side anyway. i think it'll be interesting if anyone can post anything of interest without me monopolizing the conversations...

have fun...

melon

melon...nobody feels like you are monopolizing anything.

in this forum which is 95% drivel and BS it's good to see someone post who has obvious intelligence...intelliegence which doesn't cloud the humour at all!!

I'll monopolize things....

Basstrap said:

"do you realize that everyone you know someday will die"

everyone who is here on the is earth now will someday be dead

Everyone EXCEPT me. Just ask Lillly. She told me so.

Basstrap said:

Did you know that if you took ANY river...divided the actual length of it by the length it would have if it went perfectly straight...it always works out to pi?

WHERE do you get theses stats??? and if true, perhaps it has something to do with the world being round???

Last edited:
the world is oblong...not a perfect circle

I did sensationalize it a bit...but it's still pretty cool:

Pi and the Length of Rivers
From Fermat's Enigma, by Simon Singh

"Professor Hans-Henrik Stolum, an earth scientist at Cambridge University has calculated the ratio between teh actual length of rivers from source to mouth and their direct length as the crow flies. Although the ratio varies from river to river, the average value is slightly greater than 3, that is to say that the actual length is roughly three times greater than the direct distance. In fact the ratio is approximately 3.14, which is close to the value of the number pi... The ratio of pi is most commonly found for rivers flowing across very gently sloping planes, such as those found in Brazil or the Siberian tundra"

Back
Top Bottom