it's official #what a week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
we had really bad weather over here earlier this week and our power went out, and it just finally came back on. apparently, it didn't even make national news as we only had one relative call to check on us, and that's just because she kept trying my mom at work and was wondering what was up.

the winds got up to 80-100 mph and the rain was horrible. the entire end of our street was submerged under water, so much so that when my crazy husband tried to drive through it, all four tires left the pavement completely. the cranes at the fedexforum (yeah it's one word), the upcoming nba arena, were bent, forcing beale street to be evacuated. other historical sites like the rock and soul museum had entire sides of the building torn apart. downtown got it the worst, but shelby farms (about 5 miles from my house) was ground zero for the storm, they say.

just thought i'd let everyone know about the storm and that i'm okay if anyone cares (i don't even know if the weather channel talked about it, lol) and also if anyone else was in the area (i know there's a few people in tennessee but i don't know where they live) that they may wanna check in whenever they get power. i feel lucky that we got our power back so soon, because there's some areas that still won't have power for another week.

:yikes: khan! I hadn't heard about that either, and I'm usually up with all the current weather...I guess I've been a little out of the loop with my friend's wedding plans.

I'm glad you're all ok! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom