It's Official - Wear Your Seatbelt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
On my way to work his morning, I witnessed a horrific accident. A large SUV started fishtailing on the right side of the 55N Fwy, then swerved across the freeway, clipping a Blazer in the left lane.

The Blazer flipped over many time, almost bouncing as it rolled. I pulled over to the side of the freeway and looked over at the Blazer. I could not see anyone in the car. I got out and crossed over lanes to the carpool lane.

There was the driver, like a rag doll on the ground. It appeared as if the driver had not been wearing a seatbelt. A couple of others stopped to help (we all tried to call 911 - it was busy. Finally, one of us got through).

The driver was still alive. Someone pulled a blanket out to keep the guy warm. He had a number of contusions to his head and was bleeding (not severly however). Within a couple minutes, an off duty EMT arrived to help. A few minutes later, paramedics arrived and started full treatment.

This guy should live, but will be messed up for a while. I only write this to remind all of you to WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!

thats scary. daisy and i never leave our driveway without our seatbelts on. its our rule.

that's scary

what scares me more is the fact that 911 was busy

i always wear a seatbelt

Do you guys make your passengers bukle up too?

I cannot stand when people get in my car and don't "Click It" as the ad campaign says. I don't want a death on my hands when I am driving.....:mad:

Everyone in mu car MUST wear a seatbelt.

How scary is this ... when I was young seatbelts were not mandatory in WI. My mom would always make my sister and I buckle up, but she wouldn't.

I feel naked without a seatbelt, too. It's now the law in Ohio that all passengers must wear seatbelts.

i was driving with a couple of friends once, my friend who was driving wouldn't start the car unless everyone had their seatbelt on. as a joke, my other friend took her seatbelt off while we were driving, and my friend who was driving stopped the car. right in the middle of the fucking road. 45 mph non-highway road, the kind that people usually go 60-ish on...that was scary.

My grandparents were told that they would have died in that horrible accident I posted about had they not been wearing their seat belts.

I always wear my seatbelt

I always have to check my mirrors, seat and seatbelt and Im free to go - If I didnt have my belt on my driving instructor would shout at me :shame:

He Didn't Make It

Driver sought in deadly accident on 55

By JOHN McDONALD
The Orange County Register

A fatal accident on the Costa Mesa (55) Freeway at Dyer Road has backed up traffic in both directions and caused police to issue an alert for a possible hit-and-run driver.

The accident and subsequent investigation backed up northbound traffic on the freeway back to Newport Beach and southbound lanes back to the Riverside (91) Freeway, the California Highway Patrol reported. It also caused a backup on the eastbound Garden Grove (22) Freeway.

The accident occurred at about 7:15 a.m. in the northbound lanes when a black Ford Explorer cut off a silver Ford Expedition. There was no contact between the cars, but the Expedition swerved to avoid a collision and hit a 2000 Chevrolet Blazer, which rolled over several times, CHP Officer Denise Quesada said.

The Explorer's driver stopped at the scene but fled when a CHP officer arrived. The driver was described as a male, and the vehicle has damage on the left side that could be from a previous incident.

The man who was killed was not identified but was described as a Costa Mesa resident in his 30s.

A SigAlert is in effect until further notice.

Those wanting to avoid the traffic are advised to use the Santa Ana (I-5) Freeway and local streets.

Anybody with information about the driver of the Explorer is asked to call the CHP at (714) 567-6000.

zonelistener said:
Do you guys make your passengers bukle up too?

I cannot stand when people get in my car and don't "Click It" as the ad campaign says. I don't want a death on my hands when I am driving.....:mad:

I always buckle up before I start the car and if I have passengers they must do the same. :yes:

I'm the same way, and I get slack from my friends for it. I'm 18 and so seatbelts are far from "cool", but I refuse to drive anyone if they are not wearing them. I don't want to have to deal with a friend going through my winshield if God forbid, I get into an accident with them in the car.

I volunteer in the ER at the trauma centre here, and today someone came in with car accident injuries this morning during my shift, and he didn't make it. It's scary to see that people have seatbelts in their cars, but don't bother using them. I just don't understand it.

That's horrible :(
I would have probably gone out my windshield if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt saturday night.
I don't let anyone drive in my car without their seatbelts either, but my friends always wear their seatbelts anyways so it's not really a problem, not to mention that it's state law.

Amigone said:
I'm the same way, and I get slack from my friends for it. I'm 18 and so seatbelts are far from "cool"

:uhoh: Really? All my friends are 18 - 24 and we all wear seatbelts - its never been seen as uncool & nobody ever laughs at anyone when they say "Put your belt on" :shrug:

Thats awful about that poor man :(

friends of my family lost their 4 children in a car accident years ago
(when most cars didn't have seatbelts in the back)

the parents both survived since they were in the front with seatbelts on

I always wear my seatbelts

I always wear my seatbelt, even if it's just around the block.
Saw a really gruesome accident long time ago on parkway.
The guy's head was through the windshield. The cops were just
putting a sheet over it, when I drove by. He wasn't wearing a
seat belt as far as I could tell. And yep he was very dead.

Back
Top Bottom