It's Official (various stuff)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
More reminders of Interference: at work i was translating some manuals for products our company sells and words mentioned several times were

feedback and interference :D

Remeber the guy from work i was telling you about - the one who had his birthday on Monday? Well he brought some cookies for the rest of us - made by his girlfriend. :scream: :banghead:

Whoo-pe-doo, that's totally my luck. Not only is he a colleague, but taken too. :rolleyes:

Sorry in advance to all the "honk free" threads fans (don't read any further), but i just feel i have to let this one out: we all talk honk stuff here, but we forgot that there's even a forum name that's openly (if not sub-consciously) tempting us...i mean, a Bang and a clatter? How can we not turn dirty with that?

Also, i took a nap this afternoon, and dreamt i was Bono - in a way. I was a singer in a band, and was singing WOWY - in front of a big crowd - and i vividly remember the "ooooh oooh oooh oooh"s.

:shrug:

Hmmm OK that's weird: only words interference, feedback and bang were supposed to be shifted. Anyone else seeing a bunch of other words written sideways too?

Lara: :lol: I know! I never took that line in a dirty meaning, until one day (probably influenced by slang talk here) i thought of it that way. I still hear the "clean" meaning whenever i listen to the song though. :) I also think your line isn't dirty.

Speaking of Stay, at Elevation Boston TV show, when Bono sings that line, right at the word "bang" did anyone else hear the approving whistle? You know, the kind of you usually hear in movies if guys look at women? :laugh: I did.

Last edited:
You sound like me english teacher this one time last year we were studying Leda and the Swan by Yeats and this one line said "he laid her down" and he said it was a reference to doirty stuff :| I dont think its dirty "just the bang and the clatter" you people read too much into stuff :| :wave: :der: :wave:

I fixed it for you :wave:

Also you spelled various wrong. :der:

And also... can you bang your mojo mojomaja?

:laugh:

Mythology nerd here

Lara Mullen said:
this one line said "he laid her down" and he said it was a reference to doirty stuff

well it is sorta dirty....in the original myth Zeus was in love with a mortal girl named Leda....so he disguised himself as a swan and seduced her...and she had four babies with him...Clytemnestra, Helen and Castor and Pollux (The Gemini twins)

Sicy said:
I fixed it for you :wave:

Also you spelled various wrong. :der:

And also... can you bang your mojo mojomaja?

:laugh:

Thanks!

I spelled various wrong? Argh.

And ... :eek: :laugh:

Ummm i don't know! See if i think of my interpretation of the word mojo, then no. If i think of the other interpretation then erm yes i technically and VERY theoretically could.

Last edited:
Re: Mythology nerd here

daisybean said:

well it is sorta dirty....in the original myth Zeus was in love with a mortal girl named Leda....so he disguised himself as a swan and seduced her...and she had four babies with him...Clytemnestra, Helen and Castor and Pollux (The Gemini twins)

i no that.....Leda got attacked in the poem....but like in Yeats day did get laid mean the same as it does today? :eyebrow:

U2 girl = awesome to the 10th power

by the way, I must commend you on your english!!
you've gotten a lot better!!

I'd say you're quite better than me now

:der:

Basstrap said:
U2 girl = awesome to the 10th power

by the way, I must commend you on your english!!
you've gotten a lot better!!

I'd say you're quite better than me now

:der:

Nah, i'm not.

Hmmm... thanks . :) I try.

Also, i can't be better at speaking than a native English speaker like you. You got bigger vocabulary, no accent etc...

Back
Top Bottom