It's Official: U2 iPods Scratch a LOT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
I'm on my third U2 iPod. The first one had the back all scratched - right through the signatures! :sad:

The second one had the face scratched!

I'm on my third now.

Despite treating them like platinum and using a carrying case, they still scratch. This one now has little scratches on the black case.

I'm not returning this one - too much hassle. And I ordered some solution that will hopefully remove minor scratches. But still - dang these things scratch easily! A strong winter wind blew by and I saw a scratch form!

When I was exchanging mine a second time, I saw a handsome young lad exchanging his iPod too. I told him to buy a case and he agreed. He said his luck with the iPods was even worse than mine - as one time the entire black case came right off! He was on his third of fourth exchange!!

While I was happy to see a such a young person liking U2 enough to get the iPod, it makes me wonder about the quality of these things.

Anyone else notice scratch city on their iPods?

Oh, and in case this thread is STILL too serious for those who wallow in shallowness, uh... my boobs are frozen.

Last edited:
All iPods scratch. There is no point stressing over it - it's a temporary piece of electronics anyway. I've long ago stopped worrying about mine being scratched.

It's the one thing I really don't like about the design aside from how nasty fingerprints look on the back.

Now thaw dem boobs!

Yeah, this is why I'm not returning this iPod - they all scratch and they scratch fast! However, when the scratch went through the sigs on back or the screen in front, I had to return it - that just wouldn't do.

And while my boobs never really froze, my father's apparently did. It's 72 in here and he's still cold. :wink: Of course, this is my house and as I'm paying the heating bills, I told him to wrap up in a blanket. I refuse to crank up the heat any higher. :madspit:

Last edited:
So that's what it is! I thought I was just being careless. I cannot bring myself to buying a case. I feel so guilty for having spent a lot on the iPod itself. :reject:

Ok now I am going to fullly ingest your brains instead of just chomping on them :|

doctorwho said:

Oh, and in case this thread is STILL too serious for those who wallow in shallowness, uh... my boobs are frozen.

Why are you being so unessecarily rude?

Jesus Christ. Take your fucking arrogance and piss off to where you think people are bowing.

Angela Harlem said:
I'd just read the other one which was the same tone, so perhaps I misunderstood. Still.

:grumpy:

I think you are right.

It is best just to ignore threads that piss you off, that is what I try to do. :)

Re: Re: It's Official: U2 iPods Scratch a LOT

Angela Harlem said:

Why are you being so unessecarily rude?

Jesus Christ. Take your fucking arrogance and piss off to where you think people are bowing.

As far as I know, doctorwho has yet to be rude to anyone.
It's not right when he wants to be serious, and it's not right when he's clearly joking.

(it's wrong for him to talk about frozen boobs but it's okay to keep bringing up penis forums? Hello double standards.)

Everyone else jumped on him when he started a U2 thread.
If you don't like it, just don't read it or ignore it - goes for every forum.

I swear interference has gotten way, way worse since the new album came out and that Edge fiasco.

Last edited:
Huh? Frozen boobs ARE okay to be discussed in IO. The penis forum thing is an in joke between Dr Who and myself. I dont understand what you are talking about.

IO is the silly section, not for discussion of U2. Sicy has recently amended the discription of this forum to specifically exclude U2 discussion as even though that has been the understanding people have been posting threads that would more appropriately belong in the Every Thing blah blah forum, the new album forum, or even the penis forum (Peeling off those Dollar Bills).

U2girl said:

As far as I know, doctorwho has yet to be rude to anyone.
It's not right when he wants to be serious, and it's not right when he's clearly joking.

(it's wrong for him to talk about frozen boobs but it's okay to keep bringing up penis forums? Hello double standards.)

Everyone else jumped on him when he started a U2 thread.
If you don't like it, just don't read it or ignore it - goes for every forum.

I swear interference has gotten way, way worse since the new album came out and that Edge fiasco.

holy crap. doctorwho has not only been rude, he's been condescending and patronizing as well. clearly, isn't funny. no one said it was wrong for him to talk about frozen boobs. at least not that i've seen. i believe angie was referring to doctorwho's lovely habit of calling io and it's frequenters "shallow." (and believe me, i've had to practically tape my own fingers together every time he does.)

we jump on everyone who posts about U2 in io, not just him. it's the way things are. everyone learns that one way or another - either by paying attention to the tone of the forum before posting, or by having their brains served up on a platter.

speaking of which...someone please pass the salt. :drool:

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:

holy crap. doctorwho has not only been rude, he's been condescending and patronizing as well. clearly, isn't funny. no one said it was wrong for him to talk about frozen boobs. at least not that i've seen. i believe angie was referring to doctorwho's lovely habit of calling io and it's frequenters "shallow." (and believe me, i've had to practically tape my own fingers together every time he does.)

we jump on everyone who posts about U2 in io, not just him. it's the way things are. everyone learns that one way or another - either by paying attention to the tone of the forum before posting, or by having their brains served up on a platter.

speaking of which...someone please pass the salt. :drool:

Doctorwho, if you've read his posts so far - in EYKIW, Peeling off dollar bills, doesn't have the habit of being condescending or patronising.

So what if he thinks this forum is shallow? (let's be honest, the discussions here aren't exactly Free your mind or Goal is soul)
He is entitled to his opinion. I still don't see why he got bashed.
If you're so upset by that, than maybe IO isn't as funny and silly as you make it to be - if it was, you could not possibly resent that comment.

I know people get jumped on here (it's bizzare to not be talking about U2 on a fan forum but ok), it's not just him - but cut some slack to the newbies.

beli said:
Huh? Frozen boobs ARE okay to be discussed in IO. The penis forum thing is an in joke between Dr Who and myself. I dont understand what you are talking about.

To skip the patronising bit of your post, I disagree.

Peeling off dollar bills was compared to sports after which the "in joke" mention came - which was odd, since I have seen female members post in Peeling off dollar bills.
I also don't see how sales have anything to do with that comparison.

doctorwho said:

Oh, and in case this thread is STILL too serious for those who wallow in shallowness

why dont you take a loooong walk off a short pier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom