It's Official Traveling SUCKS!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
:down:

it is 12:21 AM and I FINALLY ARRIVED IN MY HOTEL ROOM IN CHARLESTON , WEST VIRGINA after spending 8 hrs in airports today!!!!!!!!!!

to top it off. Delta lost my luggage. i have no materials for my meeting in the morning, my business suit is in the lost luggage. i have not had dinner *it just arrived thanks to Papa Johns*. i have no pj's to sleep in. i arrived in my U2 tour shirt, shorts, flip flops, funky nail polish designs on my toes, chipped nail polish on my fingernails and i have a meeting in the morning!!!!!! :scream: how am i to go to a meeting in the morning to talk about retirement plans when i look like a kid going to a concert! DELTA SUCKS ASS RIGHT NOW!!!

:down:

oh and there is a motorcycle convention in town and my hotel room was cancelled. i was given a smelly, smokey, mildew ridden room because that is all the have left. there are scary bikers next door to me!!!!!!! :no:

oh and one more thing! my car broke down on me yesterday on the way home from work!!!! i had to rent a car at 10PM last night.

/rant! i am going to take a shower and eat my pizza and figure out how i am going to handle my schedule meeting for early in the morning!

thank god Coldplay was on my tv in the hotel room. :heart:

:tsk: :|

Last edited:
remember in meet the parents, when he tried to carry on his bag but couldnt

that was funny

i must have pissed some one off this week to get this treatment. what a "welcome back" i receive after being away for my brother'swedding.

oh and my travel agent rebooked my hotel room for a hotel 40 miles north. this damn weather screwed it up for me and everyone else who was traveling.

this would happen to me. the only day i deciede not to overnight my meeting materials and only time i check in luggage. stupid Cinncinati Airport, they couldn't even place my bag on the right flight, never mind my plane was only 2 down from the one i got on to fly to West Virigina. never again will i come here. i hate connecting flights, bad weather, motorcycle conventions. at least AVIS gave me a sweet car this time. a nice caddi with leather.

there there, let me comfort you.

Your bag is probably sitting out in the rain on the ramp in Cincy. You meeting materials...soaked. Your business suit...soaked.

...and, I see that the first flight into Charleston from Cincy on Delta gets in at 11:19 am....what time is your meeting? Because it will be another hour or before your bag is delivered.

10AM is my meeting time. :down: i already cussed out the Supervisor for Delta tonight and told him he was a piece of shit and that his "this is the best I can do" "promises" can go to hell.

nevermind this meeting is IMPORTANT this cilent may pull the case from my company and take it somewhere else. i may loose a $2million client because of this fiasco. no i am not happy or find any humor in this right now.

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
10AM is my meeting time. :down: i already cussed out the Supervisor for Delta tonight and told him he was a piece of shit and that his "this is the best I can do" "promises" can go to hell.

NICE.

You are the type of person that makes my working life so loverly. Iris dear, he was in Charelston...he has NO control over your bag in Cincy. He cannot do anything.

And people wonder why airline employees can be soo rude...it is because people treat them like shit when they have NO control over things like this.

I had a COMPLETE asshole of a passenger today. we were delayed one hour do to waiting for an inbound aircraft. Well, he thought he was hot shit and thought he could show 30 minutes before the new departure time.

Well, it takes three people to work the plane. I am lucky if I can have two people working with me right now (vacations, employees quitting on me, back injuries, three new agents, adn a HELL of a learning curve for me - as well as putting in over 80 hours a week).

I get done sending the flight, and he YELLS at me because there was no one at the counter 1/2 hour after the flight was scheduled to leave. I have 35 other passenger hoping to make connections that I want to get out of my city as soon s possible, and then I AM AT FAULT becuae he think he knows the system.

I go with the rationale...treat others how you want to be treated.

Last edited:
im serious, like you can rent a tux, go rent a suit, or buy one before the meeting and then return it

if ya cant return it, make delta bitches pay

look people tell me to go to hell and tell me i suck because the stock market was down and that their retirement account has lost money! nevermind it is lack of education that made people loose money. most layman people do not understand the functions of the market or my job and feel i am the sole person who is on the NYSE floor crashing the markets for all. :| it sucks being in service. i know it too well. when you are under pressure unfort you are going to take it out on someone. i don't take it back. when you are stuck in a airport for 7 hrs. missing a day of work when you should be in the office dealing with 4 major clients who are pissed off at you and the company and you can't be in the office to properly address the issues and concerns that have developed, i am going to get pissed at anyone and everyone. my company, mother nature, the luggage handler, the flight attendants, the gate agents, the supervisor, the hotel clerk, the car rental people, my sister, my dead dog. the service industry blows no matter what field you are in.

Last edited:
chizip's idea isn't half bad...just go buy a suit, keep all the tags and receipts and stuff, wear it the one time, then take it back to the store and tell them it didn't fit...if it's only been a few hours since you bought it they should take it back :shrug:

yes it does MVD. i second that. you get paid to pretty much have people walk all over you and smile while they're doing it. :up:

Last edited:
thanks abel

thats the first time anyone has ever liked one of my ideas

Chizip said:
im serious, like you can rent a tux, go rent a suit, or buy one before the meeting and then return it

if ya cant return it, make delta bitches pay

there is no point. by the time i find a store in this small town the luggage will be here with my material for the meeting. nice idea but it is not going to work.

maybe Delta will let you borrow one of the flight attendant's suits for the meeting? :shrug: :lol:

or call the front desk of the hotel and tell them what happened and ask them if they know where you can get a suit real quick...they could probably tell you if there is a place nearby or something

or you could just stand at the front door till someone who looks your size walks in and say "scuse me mam, can i borrow your suit for an hour?" :lmao:

kariatari said:
yes it does MVD. i second that. you get paid to pretty much have people walk all over you and smile while they're doing it. :up:

i am in service and i do not get paid enough for the stuff i have to put up with. i told my manager last week before i left for vacation that i am tired of kissing ass and bending over backwards for people who do not deserve it. it is a thankless job. we are the front line for all of the anger from customers and HAVE to take blame for those who caused the problem. you have to solve the problem, apologize for the mistake and make sure the customer is happy meanwhile you are left there mad at the world because you have been ripped a new one and are wanting to kill the person who caused the problem. :mad:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

i am in service and i do not get paid enough for the stuff i have to put up with. i told my manager last week before i left for vacation that i am tired of kissing ass and bending over backwards for people who do not deserve it. it is a thankless job. we are the front line for all of the anger from customers and HAVE to take blame for those who caused the problem. you have to solve the problem, apologize for the mistake and make sure the customer is happy meanwhile you are left there mad at the world because you have been ripped a new one and are wanting to kill the person who caused the problem. :mad:

I have to deal with this kind of crap every day too and it sucks :grumpy: some days i wish i had a regular 9-5 office job where I didn't have to deal with the public

fencing is a great stress release :sexywink:

Ugh, MVD, that sucks. :censored: :censored: :censored: Sometimes I'm so glad that I'm just a lousy library clerk. I can't lose $2mil for the Jefferson County Library Cooperative.

Back
Top Bottom