it's official # tornado is coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fortunately, the :censored: tornado changed its mind and didn't hit Birmingham proper. There are reports that it hit some of the suburbs. Fortunately we are safe. Geez, I hate these things.:censored: :censored:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Spring time in the South :heart: :scream: :yikes: :down:

it has been hailing, thundering, windy and raining hard all night here. we are still under warnings until Midnight.

hey verte my southern neighbor i will be in your neighborhood this Sunday evening and Monday afternoon. :up:

Dammit, I won't be home. :mad: :madspit: :censored:

Glad you missed the storm :hug:

Texas = tornado alley

we definitely have our share of storms. a couple weekends ago we had a tornado warning here...the storm was over Texas Stadium (where the Dallas Cowboy's play), and I'm kind of northeast of there. with the tornado moving southwest to northeast, I even hid in the bathtub for a little while :yikes: unfortunately around here in Texas we don't have any basements or underground storm shelters. Kinda silly I think...if I ever move into a house, I'm definitely putting one in, or one of those reinforced closets. Right now I'm on the 2nd floor of an apartment building. Luckily a tornado hasn't come close otherwise I'd have no place to hide except the bathroom :yikes:

ABEL said:
Glad you missed the storm :hug:

Texas = tornado alley

we definitely have our share of storms. a couple weekends ago we had a tornado warning here...the storm was over Texas Stadium (where the Dallas Cowboy's play), and I'm kind of northeast of there. with the tornado moving southwest to northeast, I even hid in the bathtub for a little while :yikes: unfortunately around here in Texas we don't have any basements or underground storm shelters. Kinda silly I think...if I ever move into a house, I'm definitely putting one in, or one of those reinforced closets. Right now I'm on the 2nd floor of an apartment building. Luckily a tornado hasn't come close otherwise I'd have no place to hide except the bathroom :yikes:

I thought that would be a must if you live in tornado alley!!!

samralf said:

I thought that would be a must if you live in tornado alley!!!

:shrug:

I would think so too....but as I remember I think it has something to do with the soil down here either being too hard, or the hot dry summers drying out the soil or something as to the reason why they don't have basements or storm shelters here...I'm really not sure why they don't have them. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom