It's Official...this riddle is INSANE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LikeNoOneBefore

Refugee
Here's the riddle. I have been trying to solve it for about four months now, and I still can't get it.

There's a blind man, a deaf man, and a mute man. They all have oranges. The deaf man steals an orange from the blind man. How will the mute be able to tell the blind that his orange was stolen?

Hints:

1.) It's some form of verbal communication.
2.) It's not Morse code or sign language.
3.) Apparently, it's something you do everyday.
4.) Think very simply.

I am trying to figure this out still so can any of you wise scholars help? :wink:

he will offer him a glass of orange juice

ok, I don't know
this is why riddles annoy me :D

I shouldn't have read this thread, now I will be trying to figure this out all day! :lol:

I know this isn't the right answer but if I were the Mute I would wait till the deaf is asleep then go and get the orange from him and give it back to the blind man.

Yeah it's aggravating my entire church since everybody knows the riddle but no one can solve it. Apparently, the prinicipal of my friend's school threatened to not give him his diploma if he didn't give him the answer. :lol:

I wonder if the blind man can read lips via putting his hand on the mutes mouth?

Maybe the mute could burp "deaf man stole oranges"? :lol:

everything that i can think of that would be a possible answer is not something i'd do every day. either that or it's not a form of verbal communication. :|

my head hurts now :huh:

Something you do everyday ... well us Interferers are on the computer everyday.

I'll say text-to-speech function on a computer? :shrug:

This is going to bug the crap out of all of us till somebody gets it!! :scream:

If I were the mute, I'd whistle the theme from COPS- Bad Boy

the mute would share his orange with the blind man:huh: ...therfore the blind man would know something was up:slant:

The mute could bite the hand of the man that feeds him (knowing he isn't going to get an orange from the empty-handed blind man anyway).

Well, let's see....:hmm:...the mute can't talk but he can breathe. This is something done everyday. Perhaps something to do with breathing? The mute could breath loud enough for the blind man to hear, especially if was to get right next to the blind. ugh! :scream: this is fun :D
Also, everyone eats everyday (well most people anyway :D) So, perhaps the mute starts to eat an orange and then breathes on the blind man which will do one of 2 things, cause the blind man to pass out from halitosis or smell the wonderful orange smell and want to eat an orange. He'll reach down and find an orange missing and wonder...I don't know, just throwing shit out there.

maybe we should start brainstorming all of the hints and come up with a list of possiblities.

daafish said:
Also, everyone eats everyday (well most people anyway :D) So, perhaps the mute starts to eat an orange and then breathes on the blind man which will do one of 2 things, cause the blind man to pass out from halitosis or smell the wonderful orange smell and want to eat an orange. He'll reach down and find an orange missing and wonder...I don't know, just throwing shit out there.

I actually suggested that before, but he said I was wrong. :scream:

Here's what I said to him once.

"Okay here's what I did today. I woke up and ate breakfast. Then I got ready for summer driving, walked to the car, Mom drove me to school, and I said "Hi" to my friend Eric and the instructor. Then we drove around for a while, and I went back home. Then I ate lunch and went to the library. I read a few books and got some music. Then I went outside and took some pictures with my camera, sat outside and talked with my parents, and ate dinner later. Then I came online, talked to a few friends and then came here to do this. ...which of these things is the answer?!?!?!? Hahaha"

And he said, "Wow, I can't tell you! its funny because you did the answer about three times!"

...which is it?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

LikeNoOneBefore said:

"Okay here's what I did today. I woke up and ate breakfast. Then I got ready for summer driving, walked to the car, Mom drove me to school, and I said "Hi" to my friend Eric and the instructor. Then we drove around for a while, and I went back home. Then I ate lunch and went to the library. I read a few books and got some music. Then I went outside and took some pictures with my camera, sat outside and talked with my parents, and ate dinner later. Then I came online, talked to a few friends and then came here to do this. ...which of these things is the answer?!?!?!? Hahaha"

And he said, "Wow, I can't tell you! its funny because you did the answer about three times!"

how are any of those things except saying 'hi' and possibly eating a form of verbal communication? :banghead:

maybe the riddle isn't right here :shrug:

LikeNoOneBefore said:

you ate 3 meals. . . maybe something one does during a meal?

I would punch the deaf guy in the face and give the blind guy his orange back. I fight people at all three meals of the day, doesn't everyone? :wink:

he burps... because he ate HIS orange... so, he'd want to eat hism and realize he doesn't have it

something like that...

Back
Top Bottom