It's Official...this riddle is INSANE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SunBloc said:
Are we remotely close LikeNoOneBefore?:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

If I knew, I'd let you know. :scream: This is going to be on the NEWS soon! I SWEAR! The President will declare war on foreign countries who claim they have the answer!!!

I know a man who knows the answer....

grand-master-chuck-norris-bn.jpg

U2vertigofly said:

the whiz is implied, you can't have a philly cheesesteak without the whiz:tsk:

I know, I live here.

the with/without means onions.

So, it's cheese whiz with onions or cheese whiz without onions.

"Whiz wit' or whiz wit'out?"

If they all have more than one orange. Would the mute be able to hum the number of oranges that the blind fellow has left?

Gah, it's something simple. What the frell is it?

*brain turns to mush*

In the other link, someone spelled out there day and she/he was told that she said the answer 3 times....ate breakfast, ate lunch and ate dinner is what seems to be repeated. How this works out, i'm not sure.

I think it has something to do with eating, which is something you do everyday. This is a good one! I will keep trying to figure this out!!!

The mute guy is Stephen Hawkins.

As he spelled out in the British Telecom Adverts - "All we need to do is make sure we keep talking"

Ta - Daaaaaa

Thank the Lord for Electronic Voice Synthesisers

Even though he's mute he can still make noises, right? Like "AHHHH" and "UUUNNNHHH"? Maybe he can do that while giuding the blind man's hand towards the deaf guy's 2 oranges. Or maybe he can whistle or hum. Can mute's whistle and hum? Can he use one of those throat box things?

daafish said:
In the other link, someone spelled out there day and she/he was told that she said the answer 3 times....ate breakfast, ate lunch and ate dinner is what seems to be repeated. How this works out, i'm not sure.

I think it has something to do with eating, which is something you do everyday. This is a good one! I will keep trying to figure this out!!!
it has to be verbal communication, though. a type which we do every day. which is a real stumper (and making me think this is an outside the box deal) as a mute man cannot make a daily verbal communication.

or can he?

does someone else make the daily verbal communication for him?

why oh why did i open this before bed????
:scream:

i will wake the husband up first, methinks.
:grumpy:

Angela Harlem said:

it has to be verbal communication, though. a type which we do every day. which is a real stumper (and making me think this is an outside the box deal) as a mute man cannot make a daily verbal communication.

or can he?

does someone else make the daily verbal communication for him?

why oh why did i open this before bed????
:scream:

i will wake the husband up first, methinks.

This is tough. I realize that it takes verbal communication but the riddle doesn't say the the mute has to tell him verbally, only that he needs to tell him. What if, when the blind goes to eat his orange, he finds that it's not there and then asks the mute if he took his orange, Couldn't the mute grunt a no somehow? Then the follow up question would be, did the deaf man take my orange to which the mute would grunt an affirmative.

It's interesting, quite a few people suggested that each person only had one orange, I always assumed they had multiple oranges. And going back to that link, the OP suggested BOTH didn't just mean 2 people but multiple, perhaps he's referring to 2 groups?

Food for thought.

phillyfan26 said:

I know, I live here.

the with/without means onions.

So, it's cheese whiz with onions or cheese whiz without onions.

"Whiz wit' or whiz wit'out?"

dude i haven't gotten one in the city for like a year, i guess i've forgotten the lingo :sigh: and i'm only 15 min away

LikeNoOneBefore said:
......There's a blind man, a deaf man, and a mute man. They all have oranges. The deaf man steals an orange from the blind man. How will the mute be able to tell the blind that his orange was stolen?........

"They all have oranges" - possibly joint-owned oranges??? If one gets stolen, it's still jointly-owned, so it's not really stolen????

If one person eats an orange, all the others will smell it, so they'll know.

if the mute man is also the deaf man (rather common in mutes, afterall), then he can tell the blind man he stole it by simply returning it.

right?
despite the fact your mate reckons there's 3 people. I reckon you're close, daafish!

:banghead:

i thought for sure by the time i got back from vacation someone woulda solved it :laugh:

While I've been unable to solve this riddle I do have another riddle for everyone....and yes, I do know the answer.

A father and his boy are driving in a car when they get into an accident. Two ambulances come to pick them up, the father in one, the boy in the other. The boy is rolled into the emergency room and the doctor says, "I can't operate on this boy, he's my son" Why not?

Back
Top Bottom