It's Official...this riddle is INSANE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

I don't care what these people are currently working on, but tell them to drop it and get on this full time.

AtomicBono - I laughed when you explained it if that counts!

:lmao: yes, this riddle is a top priority! we need to know the answer before any other work gets done anywhere, ever

well thanks :wink:

yeah I don't get how a mute can communicate verbally... :shrug: I guess there's something we're all missing?

snowbunny00774 said:

I don't care what these people are currently working on, but tell them to drop it and get on this full time.

Does the OP know the answer? How do we know when we get it right? (well - when others get it right...I haven't actually contributed anything useful)...

AtomicBono - I laughed when you explained it if that counts!

Well then, it's a good thing I sent it to my boss too! He can drive the initiative to solve this bitch!

It's funny, he came up me and said, "you're killing me with that deaf man, blind man...fuckin thing!.....so, what's the riddle again?" :lmao: hilarious!

The mute can write this letter and hand it to a friend that is neither Deaf,Blind or mute.

"Hi i'm a mute, could you please read the following letter OUT LOUD using your BIG VOICE to the gentleman that is visually impaired. Thankyou!

Dear Blind Man,
Mute Man has given this letter to me to read out loud within your earshot to inform you that The Deaf bloke stole your orange!"

fly so high! said:
The mute can write this letter and hand it to a friend that is neither Deaf,Blind or mute.

"Hi i'm a mute, could you please read the following letter OUT LOUD using your BIG VOICE to the gentleman that is visually impaired. Thankyou!

Dear Blind Man,
Mute Man has given this letter to me to read out loud within your earshot to inform you that The Deaf bloke stole your orange!"

Yeah that's what I was thinking - or to keep within the 3 characters in question, he could write out the letter to the deaf man and tell him to confess to the Blind man...

This riddle doesn't really bug me that much cos it doesn't make any freakin' sense like somebody else said. Verbal communication??? :huh: :huh:

What really annoys me is that when we finally figure this damn thing out, the answer is going to be so simple it will piss us off that we didn't think of it sooner. :angry: :lol:

yea, we could use a little feedback from the person that knows the answer to see if we are indeed on the right path!

RavenBlue said:
Couldn't we just buy another orange for the blind man and just go on? :wink:

:lol:

I think it's something to do with the sense of 'smell' which hasn't been mentioned at all in the riddle. The mute goes and buys an orange and peels it. The smell makes the blind man want to have one too. That's when he realizes he's been robbed! Voila!

The verbal communication is between the mute's mouth and the orange itself, as he is eating it. :shifty:

From Wikipedia:

Scholars in this field ususally use a strict sense of the term "verbal", meaning "of or concerned with words," and do not use "verbal communication" as a synonym for oral or spoken communication. Thus, sign languages and writing are generally understood as forms of verbal communication, as both make use of words — although like speech, both may contain paralinguistic elements and often occur alongside nonverbal messages.

:hmm:

have we established what kinds of sounds a mute person can make? like can they hum and stuff...?

^interesting:hmm: but I blind person cannot see sign language or writing:hmm:

Dismantled said:
have we established what kinds of sounds a mute person can make? like can they hum and stuff...?

^interesting:hmm: but I blind person cannot see sign language or writing:hmm:

no, but they could feel words written on their back?

Did the mute man trace the sentance "Deaf Man stole your orange" on the blind man's back?

lmao, I gave the riddle to my friend, and he posted it on another message board, and this is one of the responses he got:

The mute guy writes a complaint to the local police department, which issues out a patrol officer, who comes with an interpreter to explain to the blind guy that the deaf guy stole the orange. He then proceeds to beat the shit out of the deaf guy after the latter runs away, ala Cops.

Then they plant a gun on the deaf guy.

He spends years in jail for attempted murder, until he is released on good behavior. He then goes on a vengeance-fueled quest to find the mute guy, who is now held in the FBI Witness Protection Agency, pretending to be able to talk perfectly.

The deaf guy reads about this, and stages a plan to trade the witless blind guy for the mute guy. However, he is thwarted, as the blind guy turns out to have the super power of being able to see, ala Daredevil. Then the blind guy is shot by the mute guy in a suprising plot twist. Hilarity insues.

bradyvox said:

no, but they could feel words written on their back?

Did the mute man trace the sentance "Deaf Man stole your orange" on the blind man's back?

a blind person can feel sign language in their hand.

Depending on the cause of muteness they may not be able to really make any noise at all. I truly mute person has a problem with their vocal chords whereas we think of deaf people becoming mute just because they don't aquire language through hearing it.So they may make noises but don't really speak they can learn to speak though.

He could also be selectively mute because of some sort of trauma. That would be a psychological condition.

<done too much googling for her own good

LikeNoOneBefore said:
The deaf man steals an orange from the blind man.

could this mean he has multtiple oranges? :hmm:

the mute could throw the other ooranges at the blind man causing him to notice that there was one orange less then he had, than he was pelted with.:wink:

LikeNoOneBefore said:
There's a blind man, a deaf man, and a mute man. They all have oranges. The deaf man steals an orange from the blind man. How will the mute be able to tell the blind that his orange was stolen?

Hints:

1.) It's some form of verbal communication.
2.) It's not Morse code or sign language.
3.) Apparently, it's something you do everyday.
4.) Think very simply.

I overlooked that boldfaced line before. I'll bet it's something related to the other oranges!

Or the mute guy writes it down, buys a tape recorder, finds some other guy to read "THE DEAF GUY TOOK YOUR ORANGE" into the recorder, then play it to the blind guy?

phillyfan26 said:
Or the mute guy writes it down, buys a tape recorder, finds some other guy to read "THE DEAF GUY TOOK YOUR ORANGE" into the recorder, then play it to the blind guy?

Or he could just ask some dude to simply tell the blind guy what he has written down on that piece of paper! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Or he could just ask some dude to simply tell the blind guy what he has written down on that piece of paper! :wink:

Damn, I liked my plan...

okay, the kid with the bad grammar on the other site said that it has something to do with breathing or using the phone.

Ways a mute can "speak":

1. sign language
2. write something down
3. touch

Someone needs to figure this out. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

There are 2 people involved in telling the blind dude, I'd say.

Last edited:
If it has something to do with breathing, perhaps whistling enters the the equation somehow? The mute could definately do that. And although people don't whistle everyday, they do breath. :hmm:

a friend of mine said:

if the mute guy ate two thirds of a philly cheesesteak, took the other third and spread chopped oranges on top of it with 1 tablespoon of relish and 2 tablespoons of mustard and ketchup each, the blind guy would know that the deaf guy took it

:hmm::wink:

If the mute guy considered himself a friend at all to the blind man, he would find a way. Friends are like that.

:D

:scream:

U2vertigofly said:
a friend of mine said:

if the mute guy ate two thirds of a philly cheesesteak, took the other third and spread chopped oranges on top of it with 1 tablespoon of relish and 2 tablespoons of mustard and ketchup each, the blind guy would know that the deaf guy took it

:hmm::wink:

whiz wit or whiz witout? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom