It's Official...this riddle is INSANE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WildHoneyAlways said:

the way that dude worded the riddle is fucked up. :huh:

i still have no clue.

Agreed! That riddle is not the same as the one in this thread.

I'm going to think about this riddle in a bit, but for now I'm going with suggested idea of them being all girls and making out. :hyper: :mac:

maybe the third person is just cruel and laughing at them trying to communicate about oranges so he made up a riddle to confuse the rest of us

Bonos_Lemon said:
why are you all assuming that there are three people :wink:

I see your point, but the riddle kind of reads that there are 3 people. You definately know that the deaf man and the blind man are not the same person, cause one stole from the other. Now, if the mute was the deaf man, why would he even want to tell the blind man that he stole the orange? On the other hand, if the blind man was the mute the only way he would be able to tell that the deaf man stole his orange is if he heard him take it or in fact the deaf man belted out a sinister laugh as he sniped the orange.

Finally, the reason we believe it's 3 people is because it's more exciting to watch 3 girls making out then 2. That is all.

LikeNoOneBefore said:

3.) Apparently, it's something you do everyday.
4.) Think very simply.

These two hints are the ones that are really getting to me. I'm trying to think simply of something I do every day that is a form of verbal communication, but I'm totally stumped. :angry:

Maybe it's a blind man, deaf man and a mutANT man, maybe the riddle was just heard wrong....and the mutant can talk and riddle solved.....

I hate this riddle....it has made my brain turn to mush...Think simply??? It's easy now as that's all my brain is capable of after thinking about this for 3 days :mad: :mad:

^by using this :D

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00191/mouth/tech.htm

I first read someones thesis online on forms of verbal communication.

Then I googled mute solutions or something like that.

This is my final answer :wink:

Lately there have been new ways popping up al lover the place like the VOCA (voice output communication aid). This device produces printed or spoken text. This allows a mute person the ability to communicate orally.

snowbunny00774 said:
Maybe it's a blind man, deaf man and a mutANT man, maybe the riddle was just heard wrong....and the mutant can talk and riddle solved.....
:mad:

ohhh, way to name a new AAF album :drool: (...no one will get this but me :sigh: )

as for this riddle, I'm clueless

Ok, I just emailed this riddle to some of my fellow technicians and engineers. I wanna see what they come up with.

daafish said:
Ok, I just emailed this riddle to some of my fellow technicians and engineers. I wanna see what they come up with.

I don't care what these people are currently working on, but tell them to drop it and get on this full time.

Does the OP know the answer? How do we know when we get it right? (well - when others get it right...I haven't actually contributed anything useful)...

AtomicBono - I laughed when you explained it if that counts!

I emailed my friends today. 2 of them emailed me back begging for the answer. :mad:

I told them I didn't have it.

My head hurts. :sad: Someone please solve this!

my best guess is that the mute writes something down and has someone else read it but that's not something I do every day.

the only way mutes can "speak" is through writing and gestures. :shrug:

:scream:

:sad:

If you're mute, by definition, you can't communicate verbally. You can make noises with your mouth, sure, but that's still not "verbal" communication.

Not trying to sound like 'sour grapes' because I can't solve it, but this riddle doesn't even make sense. No wonder no one has solved it.

Back
Top Bottom